Quarry and Pipe set up not working... sometimes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
V

vinnybonboot

I am very confused. I have a very basic buildcraft quarry set up in my new world using transport pipes to take the items to a series of chests. I've used this system for years and it's always worked. Even in this new world, it was working for a while. But suddenly, the transport pipes stopped working. About half the time, the items will shoot out of the quarry onto the ground as if the transport pipes aren't there. However, the other half of the time, the items will be transported to the chests like they should. Maybe I am missing something, or maybe it's a bug. Either way, I'm confused and frustrated. Any ideas?

Also, the chests are not filled and are not overflowing. Also, the chunk is loaded. I have have no idea why this is happening. I've attached pictures of the setup if that helps. I am using the current Direwolf 20 pack.

Thanks!
2016-05-09_20.38.14.png
2016-05-09_20.37.27.png
2016-05-09_20.37.08.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't know why, but I have also experienced that recently the BC quarry have become completely crap at depositing items into anything other than an inventory(like a chest). Even at incredible slow speeds it is incapable of depositing items into transport options like BC pipes, Tesseracts etc. It just spews them out everywhere...

So don't think you are doing anything wrong. You just need to adapt and do something else(I suggest a chest on the quarry, and then Itemducts/Item Conduits to distribute the items).

Reactions: RedBoss

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I have gone off using BC pipes. In my 1.7.10 direwolf20 based world I kept on losing princesses from my apiaries, until I switched away from using BC pipes to perform the automation. Which is a shame.

Reactions: rhn

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I have have no idea why this is happening. I've attached pictures of the setup if that helps. I am using the current Direwolf 20 pack.
Maybe you can try putting a gold pipe first, or even use only gold pipes, to see if speed is the issue.

Have you aligned the quarry with chunk boundaries? Could it be a border between the quarry and chests? If you have added additional chunk loading yourself, try removing it and make sure all pipes etc. are in the same chunk as the quarry block.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I believe the BC quarry checks up first, which is how I've always set it up to move items out. Though sticking a Gold Chest on top and pulling out of that can't go wrong.

Reactions: RedBoss
V

vinnybonboot

Thanks for the responses everyone. I managed to fix it by altering the system a bit. It actually ended up being a better system anyway. Instead of pipes coming directly out of the quarry, I just put a chest on it. Then, I used an emerald pipe on one side to take out everything except cobble leading to the series of chests. I used another emerald pipe on the other side to take out only cobble leading to a void pipe.
2016-05-10_18.26.57.png

All of that to say, I think the bug is specifically with the quarry + pipes. The quarry itself works fine if it goes directly into a chest, and the pipes themselves work fine with everything other than a quarry. Also, I'll attach another picture of my new setup if you are interested. It's not pretty looking, but it is efficient.