Pull Items Out of the Chest Without Filter?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everybody,
Is there any good way to pull items out of the chest VERY FAST (should hold 4 quarries running full speed at least) without filters (without redpower 2)? Without electrical engines please.

Probably the fastest extract speed is using high end autarchic gates. They can pull out a lot of stuff VERY quickly if you set every trigger to energy pulse, and I've only ever seen Logistics Pipes go faster. The max speed of AE is sorta its weak point, although it's by no means "slow".

That said, CovertJaguar is right but AE will always be less on your client-side CPU assuming you disable the animations. 1/N * X > X * 0 for any N > 0. If you have devised some way by which your throughput will be like hundreds of stacks every few seconds (how? I dunno. Not impossible, but probably more laggy than moving it via pipe!) then you might see some gain from using AE.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Oh i didn't know higher tier autarchic gates pull faster. That is interesting. I usually use buildcraft pipes for high control over small systems where item speed is not overly important because there is almost no chance of an inventory getting clogged. (The terminus is usually an enderchest connected to brute force AE storage so overflow problems only happen when I have made a big big mistake).

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Oh i didn't know higher tier autarchic gates pull faster. That is interesting. I usually use buildcraft pipes for high control over small systems where item speed is not overly important because there is almost no chance of an inventory getting clogged. (The terminus is usually an enderchest connected to brute force AE storage so overflow problems only happen when I have made a big big mistake).

The very fastest is high end LP systems. They can move high volumes and they seem to do it very efficiently.