"PSA: MCPC+ and Modded Minecraft" why was this thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
That thread should have had all the crap posts removed and been left as a place to collect more suggestions from server owners.

Servers, not just large ones, but small ones running on a budget hosting account, often need MCPC+ for performance reasons alone. This isn't all about security for public servers either; even if you trust everyone on your server, there isn't a Forge way to do something as simple as set a few /homes, let alone set up permissions (for vetting new players?), or build a few /kits.

The signal to noise ratio in that pinned thread is way too low; please at least remove all the garbage that doesn't actually help server owners transition away from MCPC+, if that is your intent. Providing suggestions to replace bukkit plugins is great, but with a locked thread nobody can help anyone else by providing new suggestions. I was really hopeful when I noticed that thread, but it ended up being 6 pages where 98% of the posts were totally unhelpful. I'd appreciate it either being cleaned up and resurrected, or replaced with a re-titled, heavily moderated thread.

Thanks!

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
OK I suppose the better question would be, how about a new official thread where alternatives to using MCPC could be kept? Seems like that very useful part of the previous thread got tossed out with the bathwater.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Making threads about moderation decisions is one of the most sure-fire ways to guarantee yourself a thread lock/delete, for the record.

If you or somebody else want to have that discussion and maintain a thread (with an up-to-date initial post reflecting the findings in it), I have no issue with such a community-maintained resource getting a sticky here. I don't see why anybody needs an official stamp/maintainer for such a thing to happen/exist. In fact, it may be ultimately detrimental, since if we maintain it ourselves then we're opening it up for people thinking general Tech Support has to handle it, and that will result in many people grumping at us about it.

Anyway, rekindle the discussion on that vector as you will or won't, but I'm locking this one. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.