PS4 vs. Xbox One

PS4 vs. Xbox One

• Total voters

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
nintendo-at-e3-gif.gif

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
I just found one thing, The game that I have been wanting ever since I've heard of it, TitanFall is not coming to PS4 and I am going to get the PS4:(

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll just be sticking with my PS3 for the next year or two tbh, the main game I want to play on the PlayStation is Gran Turismo, of which the next installment (No.6) is coming out of PS3, so I should be okay for now.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
If I every buy another console it will be a PS4. I have never liked the Xbox consoles, especially having to pay a monthly fee to access the internet with them. MS has never had an exclusive that I have ever had any interest in.

It's doubtful that I will ever buy another console again though. My PC's are much better gaming systems than any console and have every game I actually want to play on them.

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting Xbox One.
1. I have no problem with being online once per 24 hours - my console gonna be online all the time anyway. Connection isn't required anymore!
1.1. PS 4 will require PS Plus subscription to play games online, as Xbox One will require XBox Live Gold. So there is no ace in the hole.
2. Xbox has HUGE amount of awesome exclusives (Project Spark, Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising 3, Halo 5, Titanfall etc)
3. The price is higher because of built-in NEW HD Kinect - and I love voice and gesture control. Especially in games. Now it easily recognizes you by face and loads profile and need only 1 meter to work.
4. Smart glass. It has big potential.
5. Native Twitch support. I am Youtuber and streamer, and this is so cool for me (and Skype with friends, yes)
6. Incredible amount of multimedia functionality and TV support with pretty good responsive on switching between different screens (almost multitasking)
7. No limitations (DRM) on disc-based games. Share, gift, do whatever you want (see the link above). Actually, I don't give a shit about this. I have no interest in hunting second-hand CDs.
7.1. Also, no regional restrictions and I can download games from Xbox Live on day of release instead of buying actual disc.
8. x86-64 architecture instead of PowerPC. This means a lot in terms of future game development.
9. OPEN indie market, where every developer can publish his game (looks like Greenlight)

So yeah. I like PS 4 too, but Xbox One is my choice.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Looking at all teh pros and cons, I have gone with PS4.

Mainly because of all the douchebag features on Xbox one, like pay for online, etc.

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019

Mainly because of all the douchebag features on Xbox one, like pay for online, etc.

You are not informed well.

At its E3 press briefing, Sony confirmed that PlayStation 4 will require PlayStation Plus in order to play games online. This is similar to Microsoft's current approach to online gaming with Xbox Live Gold.
You need to pay for ability to play multiplayer.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
You are not informed well.

At its E3 press briefing, Sony confirmed that PlayStation 4 will require PlayStation Plus in order to play games online. This is similar to Microsoft's current approach to online gaming with Xbox Live Gold.
You need to pay for ability to play multiplayer.

Ah balls.

Btu there are other things which i can't remember right now, they seem to outweigh that.

(Also I have pre-ordered PS4, bit late to change, I want my deposit)

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
PS4 > Xbone sorry.

I have so many un-activated games waiting for my Vita/PS3 from having PS+ that it's worth the 5$/month.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019

I recently looked, and it looks like the PS4 doesn't have an HDD. Or an SSD. It just has 16-64 something GB of RAM, and if you want to play more games, you either have to buy more cartridges or uninstall games.

Not sure about the Xbox 1, though.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I've decided people are assholes. I've come to the conclusion that if I get console x, people will, without fail, get console y, just to differentiate themselves.
It. Never. Fricken. Fails.

I got a PS2. People got Xbox's.
I got an Xbox, people got nentenders.
I get a PS3, people got 360's.
My PS3 broke, I decide to get, as everyone affectionately named it, a "Sexbox" or "Manbox", people immediately switched to the "superior PS3."
And now, even with everything said, even after what's happened, I can see a sneaking suspicion that Xbone is creeping into people's carts.
I'm still going to get a PS4, but I've had enough guys.

If I get a PS4 and suddenly everyone has an Xbone, then fuck consoles. I'm becoming an exclusive PC gamer.
Screw y'all.