ProjectRed Worldgen Questions

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I'm running my own modpack with Chisel and Project Red. I've searched the forums for answers on this, and I found some posts about it, but still didn't find the exact answers I was looking for. The Chisel worldgen overwrites the marble generation for Project Red, and that would be fine with me, except it doesn't spawn marble caves, from what I've seen. I find marble deposits, but not the big, beautiful caves I'm used to. I'm also not seeing any of the gemstones spawn from Project Red (peridot, ruby, sapphire).

I've edited the PR config files, and made sure all the values are set to "true" for marble caves, volcanoes and the various gems, but to no avail. All the resistances are set to "=0", which I thought might mean they would spawn in plenty, but I'm starting to wonder if I should set them to at least 1 in order to get them to spawn at all. Anybody out there who has gems and PR marble, could you tell me what your resistances are set to?

Any information would be super helpful.

*Edit* Also, I'm NOT running Geostrata, just so you know. I've dug through every single config file from every mod I'm running that's involved with worldgen, including the COFH configs, Tinker's Construct, Metallurgy...I haven't seen anything that should be interfering. So just so you know, I'm somewhat savvy, and definitely willing to put in the effort.

Last edited:

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
Update:

I downgraded my version of all the Project Red modules to 4.6.1.80. Then went into the Chisel config and set marble spawns to 0. After that, I re-created my world and I started seeing Project Red marble. However, the gemstones were so sparse, they might as well have vanished entirely.

I went into the config files and used negative values on all the "resistance" fields for the gems. I gradually increased the value, re-created worlds, and used the Metallurgy "Ore Finder" to tell me how much there was by chunk, and actually took the resistances up to about -50 before I really saw enough of a difference. It went from about 0 to 4 of each gem ore per chunk, up to about 14 to 20 per chunk. At least, this appears to have helped...It seems, however, that all marble has vanished from the world somewhere in this process...

*Le sigh*

I guess the other option is I could change the raw marble texture. If nobody can help me with generating the marble caves, could you tell me how to switch the textures?

Last edited:

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
I thought about that, but wasn't sure if I could pull it off. I found that spreadsheet of item id's a while back...I dunno.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
There's a handy guide here on the forums about using CoFH for worldgen. You can dump all of the IDs from your instance using NEI, I think that is also outlined in the guide I mentioned.

Keep in mind if you decide to use CoFH you have to then turn off worldgen from the mods' config files.