Project Table issue?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
yes the xy fabricator can as a matter of fact its one of its great features that, pulling from chest/any valid inventory & chaining to make multi craft easy.

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I am now 100% sure it keeps the recipe in there, just tested it for myself and this is from the FTB wiki: "The Project Table, from RedPower 2, is a mix between a Crafting Table and a Chest. You can put the items into the crafting grid; and when you leave the table, the items don't get thrown out."

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I know it holds the actual items for the recipe, but I want it to hold the ghost recipe from NEI.
Ah, I was mistaken, sorry. I believe that can't be done, as the ghost is only temporary on not only the project table, but normal tables aswell.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I was mistaken, sorry. I believe that can't be done, as the ghost is only temporary on not only the project table, but normal tables aswell.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2
wow some one big enough to admit when there mistaken.

x_Stricken_x

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, just to clarify on my intentions:

- When I search for an item, I find the recipe
- When I click the "?" from NEI, I want the recipe to be ghosted into the crafting grid and persist until I craft the item

Is there anything that will do this? Or some variation of that?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Alright, just to clarify on my intentions:

- When I search for an item, I find the recipe
- When I click the "?" from NEI, I want the recipe to be ghosted into the crafting grid and persist until I craft the item

Is there anything that will do this? Or some variation of that?
Yes, the Fabricator from Xycraft will do that. But, it will also automatically create as many of the items as it can using its own inventory plus the inventories of any adjacent blocks e.g. chests. You can change this behaviour so that it crafts one per redstone pulse and craft with a button or lever, but you can't craft items manually just by pulling them out like with a Project Table. I suspect that the very fast rate that it crafts also will create some lag, so I think that it's best to turn them off with a lever when they're not being used.

*Edit* Actually, if it is switched off with a lever then you can craft an item by clicking on the item in the middle of the Fabricator GUI.

x_Stricken_x

Jul 29, 2019
Easy.
Go find the rp2 flower, "indigo" and make it into a dye. Then that dye with some paper. Then put that paper into the left slot on the project table. Now put the recipe in, and take the paper out.

Boom, plans.

Put the plans back in, ghost recipe.
That's not really something I'm willing to do. Crafting something to craft something? Ehh, not my cup of tea. I *might* do it once I have sufficient storage though

x_Stricken_x

Jul 29, 2019
And now to make myself like a hypocrite, I think I might go with an ME Encoder solution. I don't really like the process, but I'm planning on doing a lot of stuff with ME networks and such.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Easy.
Go find the rp2 flower, "indigo" and make it into a dye. Then that dye with some paper. Then put that paper into the left slot on the project table. Now put the recipe in, and take the paper out.
You can only make a plan if you have all the items for the recipe. The OP is asking for a way to keep a pattern in the table when he doesn't have all the items.

Plans are great for things that you are going to keep making lots of over and over again, such as pistons, electronic circuits, enderchests, etc.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'll second the idea of the AE crafting system. I just got through making a full q-suit and the ME crafting system did it all for me in a few minutes once I had all of the ME patterns encoded.