Profanity allowed?

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Loothias said:
good idea........ still waiting for it to be implemented
my idea? it will most likely not be impletemented, iburn wants to make an switch to show profanity or not, with an agreement.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
Loothias said:
my idea? it will most likely not be impletemented, iburn wants to make an switch to show profanity or not, with an agreement.

Hey, Simplicity is always the better option, even if a more complex one will make a few ones happy, in the end it's a huge waste of effort because "most people won't care" So an on-off switch might be the better idea.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
adib said:
Loothias said:

Hey, Simplicity is always the better option, even if a more complex one will make a few ones happy, in the end it's a huge waste of effort because "most people won't care" So an on-off switch might be the better idea.
true, but i guess somehting for an active chat is nice if you can just click on it to see.

Nekk

Jul 29, 2019
So I was BLEEPING mining in this BLEEPING abandoned mineshaft and there was some BLEEPING lava just as a BLEEPING cave spider poisoned me then I tried to BLEEPING run away but a BLEEPING zombie came out of nowhere and BLEEPING pushed me into the BLEEPING lava and I lost all my BLEEP.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Nekk said:
So I was BLEEPING mining in this BLEEPING abandoned mineshaft and there was some BLEEPING lava just as a BLEEPING cave spider poisoned me then I tried to BLEEPING run away but a BLEEPING zombie came out of nowhere and BLEEPING pushed me into the BLEEPING lava and I lost all my BLEEP.
what is the point of this post?
something like that was already posted...

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion, swearing isn't necessarily a bad thing, but isn't necessarily a good thing either. I believe the poll would be a good idea, seeing how childfriendly the forum has to be, and as time goes by, have a revote as more and more users join the forum over time. But for now, I for one don't really like filters, for if I'm using profanity in a somewhat intelligent or a way where it adds more meaning, I for one wouldn't like it being "bleeped" out.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
MrSphex said:
In my opinion, swearing isn't necessarily a bad thing, but isn't necessarily a good thing either. I believe the poll would be a good idea, seeing how childfriendly the forum has to be, and as time goes by, have a revote as more and more users join the forum over time. But for now, I for one don't really like filters, for if I'm using profanity in a somewhat intelligent or a way where it adds more meaning, I for one wouldn't like it being "bleeped" out.
there will be an option to enable swearing and an option to censor it

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
MrSphex said:

I like that option :D I'm hoping that and the posts per page can be implemented soon (if that makes sense..I'm very tired..)

adib

Jul 29, 2019
MrSphex said:
adib said:
MrSphex said:

I like that option :D I'm hoping that and the posts per page can be implemented soon (if that makes sense..I'm very tired..)
it makes enoug sense for me, not sure when it will be but i guess right after the layout is done.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
kells117 said:
Might as well keep it clean since we can just us fu** and sh** like that :D

Or we could just keep it entirely swear less! =D Actually, I don't fancy swears, and since English is not my primary language, it feels really unnatural to swear. Expecially when I write. lol

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
kells117 said:

Or we could just keep it entirely swear less! =D Actually, I don't fancy swears, and since English is not my primary language, it feels really unnatural to swear. Expecially when I write. lol
luckely, i've barely seen anyone actual swear. so i guess we're doing a good job :D

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
DarkJDL said:
kells117 said:

I'd not mind learning a few good ones from you in your native tongue.

I used to collect well constructed curses. German has some really good ones....

... course by the time your done, you've forgotten what you are mad at.
a good way to let your anger out?

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:

or at least, a very good way to start learning new languages;
Alas you won't be learning swears or curses from me since I usually use my french swears as adverbs, you know, to add more weight to an adjective or whatever you want to call it. lol

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
adib said:

or at least, a very good way to start learning new languages;
Alas you won't be learning swears or curses from me since I usually use my french swears as adverbs, you know, to add more weight to an adjective or whatever you want to call it. lol
thats another way to see it.

Mead

Jul 29, 2019
Don't go crazy with it. That's the only 'guideline' you're going to get, because we have better things to do than delve into statistics and f*cks-per-post counts.

If you get warned, there's the line. And you'll cross it sooner next time.