Productivity Serum

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NateSci

Jul 29, 2019
What does this do exactly? I dont see a "Productivity" name on any bees in my Beealyzer.

Also, how do I use a template, I made some blank ones but how to I put anything on it?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Productivity is how fast a bee produces its combs. There is a maximum, titled "Fastest Productivity"

Note that one side effect of this is that the databank has speed information for the _default_speed_of_the_bee_. So many times I see people point and say "But look! It only produces a comb every 30 minutes!" not realizing that the bee databank defaults to the default speed of that breed, which is frequently slowest productivity. For example, I have two radioactive bees in alvearies. Combined, they produce a stack of uranium an hour. By the databank, the two bees would be producing two each, total four, in that hour.

Even Etho made that mistake when he decided to produce honey primarily with Cultivated bees. Since they, by default, are "Fast", they're actually the natively fastest bee you can find without thaumic bees, but since you can move Fast Productivity to any bee, it's hardly relevant.

NateSci

Jul 29, 2019
Productivity is how fast a bee produces its combs. There is a maximum, titled "Fastest Productivity"

Note that one side effect of this is that the databank has speed information for the _default_speed_of_the_bee_. So many times I see people point and say "But look! It only produces a comb every 30 minutes!" not realizing that the bee databank defaults to the default speed of that breed, which is frequently slowest productivity. For example, I have two radioactive bees in alvearies. Combined, they produce a stack of uranium an hour. By the databank, the two bees would be producing two each, total four, in that hour.

Even Etho made that mistake when he decided to produce honey primarily with Cultivated bees. Since they, by default, are "Fast", they're actually the natively fastest bee you can find without thaumic bees, but since you can move Fast Productivity to any bee, it's hardly relevant.

Thank you very informative.

Chance

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anywhere that describes the difference between slowest and fastest for the categories?

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019

So the fast productivity is the fastest you can get with vanilla and extra bee's?

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I don't really understand why people want longest life.. with the new frame housing(so thing like valuable bee will produce titanium comb before it dies) and automating the bee cycle, is there any other reason why someone want to use longest life?

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
I read several times that in Extra Bees is one Bee with "Faster", or am i wrong?

Why i make my bee a Longer Life? I Don't know how Bees work... Gives a Bee 1 Comb in exact that time? "Comb time" - "Fast" = X ?
And if that so, what happened if my Bee lifes 10 Minutes, but makes a Comb every 11 Minutes? Resets this Timer or saves it the Time in the Princess?

At least I save Time when my Princess gets Pumped out. (It's Something)

I am not in the Alviarys yet, but what does the frame Housing?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I think bees produce on random ticks, so an 11 minute cycle is the average time. (so 90% of your bees will produce 1 comb before dying)

My imperial line as been ran through the same hive to the point where all the drones stack together, and I get 3-5 royal jelly/cycle, sometimes 6 sometimes 2.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I don't really understand why people want longest life.. with the new frame housing(so thing like valuable bee will produce titanium comb before it dies) and automating the bee cycle, is there any other reason why someone want to use longest life?

Even with automation, you lose time cycling the bees back into the apiary/alveary. Plus with a frame housing in an alveary you can use the frame that lowers lifespan for increased production, which you can't with a normal or worse lifespan - the bee will die before it produces anything.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Even with automation, you lose time cycling the bees back into the apiary/alveary. Plus with a frame housing in an alveary you can use the frame that lowers lifespan for increased production, which you can't with a normal or worse lifespan - the bee will die before it produces anything.

Ah, ok.. so only to save time during pumping+cycling..

Btw, I tried combination of chocolate frame and impregnated frames in alveary+18 frame housing with valuable bee (2.5 hours/comb in apiarist databank) that have fast productivity and longest life/shorter life, their yield were the same around 27.55 sec/comb; So choco frame doesn't help with the yield of comb per unit time.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, ok.. so only to save time during pumping+cycling..

Btw, I tried combination of chocolate frame and impregnated frames in alveary+18 frame housing with valuable bee (2.5 hours/comb in apiarist databank) that have fast productivity and longest life/shorter life, their yield were the same around 27.55 sec/comb; So choco frame doesn't help with the yield of comb per unit time.

27 sec per comb
110 sec per full dust
15 min per iridium ore

Per bee.

"Iridium is too hard to get!"