Proccessing shard?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RisingParadise

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there guys , just a need little clearing about this one.

What does that Proccessing shard , in console every once in a while means? Until about 2 days ago I never saw this one , and my server is running lagless for like 1 month now?
This thing ( I think ) managed to load the server a bit , you could feel that blocks have some mili seconds lag when breaking , like if delay was increased.

If anyone has any idea , I'd be happy to hear it ;)

BuzZBladE

Jul 29, 2019
Processing Shard I am thinking would be Soul Shards, in this case one person killed one mob for each Processed Shard.

This is probably just debug information which he hasn't added a function to quiet. There are millions of functions going on a second with a seemingly clear console. If you are running the server and client on the same machine, like I am, I like to bump my client above my server in priority then cap my framerate at 60 with vsync and try it then. My client will stop pulsing and I can feel the ticklag on a chest or break a block. If I do feel some ticklag I start teleporting to people to see what they are up to. Hope it you find the problem.

These silly kids build the darnedest things, I now have a nyan cat in one of my ages :)

RisingParadise

Jul 29, 2019
Well the thing is , I'm pretty strict on people within my FTB server , I do own a bukkit server as well .
We are running off on a 32gb and Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 proccessor.
Now the thing is , the messages started popping out when nobody was even online except for me , and I know for a fact nobody has the Shard spawner , well at least until late today we actually built one to test if it will say that , it didn't nor did it lag anything :)

Thanks , I wanted to go into a more public release under whitelist , But there are just so many things that can be used to simply destroy stuff or make it lag , and I am not aware even of it's tiny part so far ;(

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
That is printed every time a mob is killed by a player.

PHP:
   public void livingDeath(LivingDeathEvent e) {
      if(ItemShard.homeDims.containsKey((String)lv.c.get(e.entity.getClass())) && e.source.g() instanceof iq && !e.entity.getEntityData().n("mobcage")) {
         this.processShard((iq)e.source.g(), e.entity);
      }

}

public void processShard(iq player, lq e) {
      System.out.println("Processing Shard");
      // SNIP
   }