Problems with Mystcraft portals & railcraft locomotive direction

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Resender

Jul 29, 2019
OK,I'm posting this here cause its most likely not a bug but rather me doing something wrong.
I've based what I'm doing on 2 episodes of direwolf20 Forgecraft2 Server Let's Play series,in which he hooks his void age base up with cpw11 'interdimensional' railway. (Currently I'm playing on FTB Unleashed 1.1.5)

My home is also in a void,more specifically the original void age: the END.
Since the base is already 160+ blocks in diameter & will grow beyond that I decided to implement a railsystem combined with mystcraft portals.

**2 days ago
I setup a little station near the hub of my base,meant to allow me to take a 'passenger' train & travel to where I want.
This station exists out of a coupler section,where the train appears in,a pass through rail & stop for me to get on and off.
The rail exits the stations & goes into a 1 by 2 mystcraft portal.
Which I linked up with the coupler section,tested it everything went fine.
**Yesterday
I added rails to my powerstation,no logic just yet. Created the linking book on the coupler section,modified it so that it would work within the same dimension.
Switched the books out with the hub station & ran the train on its own.
It went through the portal but arrived facing the wrong way at the coupler section,hitting the buffer track instead of continuing along the coupler section.
I managed to fix it,but after the train went through the exit portal it arrived at the hub station in the same fashion. Wrong way hitting the buffer.
**Today
I tested out on a creative world & I can't seem to find what I did wrong or right in the first place,since none of the trains I ran reappeared on the tracks in the right direction.
I can't get any pictures now since I'm not at that specific machine,but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Did you face the way you want the train to go when you made the link book? I know you face the way you did when making it if you use a book to TP. My only guess is the rule applies to the train direction as well. Try making a new link book that way.

Merendel

Jul 29, 2019
I was haveing this same problem on my last server actualy. Train was going through the portal to the mining age just fine, came out the right direction as did any players useing that portal. However for some reason when returning through the portal to the overworld the engien always came out backwards. Players would come out facing the right way but not the locomotives. I never did figure out a way to fix it. In the end I just relocated the tracks (and the portal that was now in the way) to let the train come out the direction it wanted to go and then just have it pull a U turn to get back to my train yard. This had the intresting side effect of positioning things in such a way that an inatentive player that ran through the portal and held down forward would end up runing back through it as they would be faceing the portal but the train would continue on just fine. Messed up my planed layout a bit but worked.

Resender

Jul 29, 2019
Yep same here which is a bit annoying since I still need to build the train yard,where the trains will travel to all the destinations.
So the locomotive went through the top right portal & should have pointed the other way
2013-11-07_115707_zpsa728d039.png

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
Its because it doesnt know which way it was going right. I fixed it a long time ago by just making the train appear at the other end of the track out of thin air..stop at the station then go into the portal :(