Problems with launching 1.6.4 Modpacks in Launcher version 1.3.1

Voided30

Jul 29, 2019
Helllo. I have been having issues with the new 1.3.1 Launcher. I cant seem to load 1.6 modpacks as the console gets stuck on Loading minecraft class :( I'm able to load 1.5.2 modpacks just fine however. I have tried completely uninstalling everything and updating java and still not luck :( Is this is current issue with the 1.3.1 having problems downloading the 1.6 mod packs? Thanks in advance :)

Code:
Not loading any instMods (minecraft jar mods), as the directory does not exist.
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1024
Loading jars...
Added URL to classpath: file:/D:/FTB/Direwolf20_1_6_4/instMods/MinecraftForge.zip
Added URL to classpath: file:/D:/FTB/Direwolf20_1_6_4/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
Added URL to classpath: file:/D:/FTB/Direwolf20_1_6_4/minecraft/bin/lwjgl.jar
Added URL to classpath: file:/D:/FTB/Direwolf20_1_6_4/minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar
Added URL to classpath: file:/D:/FTB/Direwolf20_1_6_4/minecraft/bin/jinput.jar
Loading natives...
Natives loaded...
Loading minecraft class

mvlp210

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I'm having some problem that when try to load the ftb 1.3.0 launcher to play Horizon is start that just closed the launcher by it self any help.........:(:(:( thank for any that help :):)

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You may have to wait they can sometimes take a while to install.

I also noticed from your log that you have 32bit java installed. If you have a 64bit os then you should be using the 64bit java to allow you to allocate between 2 & 4GB of memory because the majority of the 1.6 packs need more than 1GB of memory to run properly

If you only have a 32bit os then you will have problems and most likely need to use the new lite 2 pack.

Voided30

Jul 29, 2019
You may have to wait they can sometimes take a while to install.

I also noticed from your log that you have 32bit java installed. If you have a 64bit os then you should be using the 64bit java to allow you to allocate between 2 & 4GB of memory because the majority of the 1.6 packs need more than 1GB of memory to run properly

If you only have a 32bit os then you will have problems and most likely need to use the new lite 2 pack.

I just checked and I have Java 7 64 bit. I set the memory to 7.75 GB and forced update and now im getting this "Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame$AssetDownloader.<init>(Ljavax/swing/ProgressMonitor;Ljava/util/List;Lnet/ftb/gui/LaunchFrame$AssetDownloader;)V" Thanks for the help! :)

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Don't set the memory that high between 2 & 5gb is what you want. Please post the log to pastebin and link it here.

if you have more than one version of java installed then remove them. The only one you should have is the x64 one from here.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I am not sure if java if messed up. Can you download it from my link in my previous post and save it to the desktop.

Now remove it and restart your system to flush out java completely. Now re-install it.

If it still wont work then try the steps here to re-install the launcher incase it has messed up.

mvlp210

Jul 29, 2019
i can't past my log on because it close it right away...... every time i launched horizons and does anyone know what mods should be disable

Voided30

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have optifine installed? When I installed Optifine, the launcher spit this error at me too. It appears to be an error that is caused by java trying to render an illegal chracter. I will see if I can get around this error and Ill let you know what I find if I can get around it.

Reactions: mvlp210

Voided30

Jul 29, 2019
i'm having another problem that the map in Ftb and texture pack are not loading there the log http://pastebin.com/DcRDGE7A
try redownloading the texture pack and use the new direwolf pack 1.0.8. It has been doing wonders lately. I'm running the new updated direwolf pack with Devine RPG and mo creatures and all biomes in biomes o plenty and so far it has not been crashing! :)