Problems finding wither skeletons or any skeleton.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

I know this would be super hard to narrow down but does anyone know of any mods that would keep wither skeletons and regular skeletons from spawning in the Nether? I have been looking for few days and for few hours each day and havent seen any wither skeletons or just regular skelly at all at any fortress i go to? Im trying my best not to cheat them in. I even try and kill anything spawned around the fortresses in hope that something will spawn but nothing.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
They can be a bit shy at times.

Remember vanilla spawning mechanics when it comes to Wither Skeletons in the Nether Fortresses. Look for the intersections, clear out a 3 high space around them (I suggest a Tinker's Hammer) to allow for more valid spawn locations.

Good hunting!

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
You can also setup a skeleton spawner in a nether fortress and it will spawn withers from time to time.

Just fine one of the stair rooms, with the nether wart beside the stairs.
Flatten the floor and fill the wart garden spaces with nether brick.
Close off one of the doors and setup a mob blind to draw the withers to you.

Make sure to create a cleaver with lots of ender pearls and obsidian to get the beheading up as high as you can.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I've only seen a small handful of wither skeletons that have naturally generated. I believe it's only in a fortress, too. So they can be rare.

However, if your modpack has any way to pick up a spawner, just find any old skeleton spawners in the overworld and bring it into the nether. I would recommend mob grinding Utils to make the mob grinder it's in because skeletons require the player loot and you can upgrade it to loot 10.

When a skeleton spawner is in the nether, 80% of the skeletons it spawns are wither skeletons! With that setup I Described, I can just park my butt in front if the kill room while I go make a sandwich or some Mac n cheese, and cone back with enough with skulls to spawn a few withers.

D

Daihok

I ended up finding the problem but now its kinda wonky. Custom mob spawner wasnt letting skeletons spawn at all in the nether so i changed it in config. But now they spawn everywhere instead of just fortresses lol. So i lowered the spawn rate quite a bit so that they still kinda rare.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed wither skels seem rarer all of a sudden. One thing I do is carve 2 blocks out of the side of each wall. I don't know why this works, but I swear, if you take the time to do it, you will see more wither skel spawns.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
It always makes me laugh when the answer to modded questions is the use of Vanilla mechanics.