Problems Creating a FTB Unleashed server with Biomes o' Plenty.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiaswallin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all. Been spending all day trying to get a private unleashed server going. I am using only the server and mods from the launcher.

After googling I have found a few threads about similar problems and have tried all things mentioned there and can't get the server to generate with Biomes o' Plenty biomes.

When I play singleplayer I have gotten BOP to generate a world for me simply by enabling it in the launcher and changing the options for new world creation. But when I start a server it always creates vanilla biomes.

What I have been trying to do is changing the Level-type in Server properties file to BIOMESOP instead of default and changing the config file to " B:"Add Biomes To Default World"=true ". As this is stuff mentioned to cause problems with worldgeneration.

Nevertheless I believe my issue is about the disabled JAR files. Some forums have said to just delete them, but I figure then there arent any BOP mod left so that is pointless (even though I have tried it with no success). Then I tried to copy the BOP jar from the singleplayer (normal folder, not server) into the server and making a new world. But that always makes the server crash when I try to connect.

Help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance :)

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Nevertheless I believe my issue is about the disabled JAR files. Some forums have said to just delete them, but I figure then there arent any BOP mod left so that is pointless (even though I have tried it with no success). Then I tried to copy the BOP jar from the singleplayer (normal folder, not server) into the server and making a new world. But that always makes the server crash when I try to connect.

What is being told is you need to clip off the .disabled part of the file name so that it ends in .jar. That enables it.

Reactions: mattiaswallin

mattiaswallin

Jul 29, 2019
About the disabled Jar files, I have also read that you are supposed to enable them somehow, and I have no clue on how that's done. Sitting on an ASUS S56CM laptop with Windows 8 as OS.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
About the disabled Jar files, I have also read that you are supposed to enable them somehow, and I have no clue on how that's done. Sitting on an ASUS S56CM laptop with Windows 8 as OS.

That is how you enable them on a server. Remove the .disabled suffix so that it actually ends in .jar. You may need to set your OS to allow you to see and edit file extensions (since that's Windows 8 I won't presume to tell you how; I skip every other Windows release so I have no clue).

Reactions: mattiaswallin

mattiaswallin

Jul 29, 2019
What is being told is you need to clip off the .disabled part of the file name so that it ends in .jar. That enables it.

Indeed, and how is that done? I don't exactly know how to open the files? As the file name is simply the same, and it's labeled a "DISABLED-file".[DOUBLEPOST=1377808201][/DOUBLEPOST]Well I can't understand how to remove the .disabled from the files as it isnt simply in the name or anything. It is just called a "DISABLED-file" as it would've been a Jar or exe or any other type of file.

mattiaswallin

Jul 29, 2019
A quick google on how to " edit file extensions " and I got that sorted at least.

Now I really hope I can get poppin'

Thanks for the help, I will update if I get it running! :D

adracamas

Jul 29, 2019
If you are familiar with using the DOS prompt or "console" (Window Key + R then type in CMD) Then you can navigate to the server mods directory and type
Code:
REN *.disabled *
That should make them all active.

Status
Not open for further replies.