Problems connecting biogas engine to redstone energy conduit.

Forabor

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever i place a biogas engine down it always faces west, even when there is redstone energy conduit there for it to connect to. I want them vertical and the only way i am able to achieve this is by placing a wooden kinesis pipe (conductive in older versions) above where i want the engine to be, placing down the engine so it connects, destroying the wooden kinesis pipe, and then placing the energy conduit in its place. I have tried using every type of wrench in my nei. Is this meant to be this way? Or is there some kind of bug/code problem involved.

Direwolf 20 1.6

biogas problems.png

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone Energy Conduits cannot be connected to MJ producing Engines. They transfer RF power now and are run from DYNAMOS from Thermal Expansion. You can run MJ Machines off RF power but you cannot input MJ power into a RF system.

Forabor

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone Energy Conduits cannot be connected to MJ producing Engines. They transfer RF power now and are run from DYNAMOS from Thermal Expansion. You can run MJ Machines off RF power but you cannot input MJ power into a RF system.

Thanks... *sigh* bc engines are basically useless now....

Last edited:

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
They work great for Buildcraft power :p BC was never meant to have a power storage system. Now we have lossless pipes and using gates and such you can turn on engines as needed instead of always on.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Biogas engine is still great if you are mass producing biomass via your multifarm to power. In this way you can power the farm by using it's produce.

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... IF you want to have the engines physically near everything you want to power or use massively long piping networks. But if you just want to send power through a tesseract to that quarry you don't feel like putting in your back yard you're screwed.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah... IF you want to have the engines physically near everything you want to power or use massively long piping networks. But if you just want to send power through a tesseract to that quarry you don't feel like putting in your back yard you're screwed.
Its all down to the very deliberate decision of the BC team to put some realism into the power generation. Engines produce kinetic energy and that cannot magically be stored in a glowing block or piped miles in glowing conduits. The fact that they themselves then have seemingly magical pipes that can hold the energy as a blue glowing liquid looking substance is another matter. Making it shafts, cranks, cogs etc would fit much better and could easily be done without having to go to the Reika on it :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
And MJ to RF isn't impossible, it's just as easy and possible as RF to MJ. Just need to think a bit outside the block sometimes, y'know? TE and BC aren't the only mods with RF and MJ assets...
I mean, seriously, Mekinism has Universal Cables. UNIVERSAL. They can take ANY currently relevant source of mod electricity and pipe it. Also the Energy Cubes can store ANY relevant electricity system's energy in their cubes and output it to ANY relevant electricity system's wires of choice. I say Relevant because as you should all know, RP2 had electricity and it was closed source and is dead. As a reminder.
If you know of a up to date mod with a electricity system you really should tell the dev about it. Chances are he'll love it.

Reactions: PierceSG

TheGreekMnan2

Jul 29, 2019
MY FRIENDS I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION :D i know this is a tad old but try the energy nodes from extra utilities ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1396925317][/DOUBLEPOST]WOOOO