Problem With Launching FTB Worlds [Direwolf20 Pack]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, first things first, if this is in the wrong section of the forums please let me know so that I can move it.

Problem: I have been playing the Direwolf20 pack for about 3-4 days now and I have encountered quite a large issue.
I originally created a world and put about 3 hours into it. Then it started to freeze in certain places and then it just crashed. When I tried to re-open the world it would not even open. When I clicked on the world and entered it, it would just have the dirt background for a couple of seconds and then would say "Shutting down internal server" This continued to happen for many attempts. After many tries I managed to get it but then It just would crash almost immediately.

So then I decided to create another world and just gave myself all the things I previously had. I put about the same amount of time into that world but then the same thing happened, although this time there was no freezing, it just simply crashed. I could get onto it but then it just immediately crashed as in the same case as the other world. However now it has gone to "Shutting down internal server". It seems however that in both instants that when I enter the world, right before it crashes, I seem to be taking damage from something. Maybe that is what is causing the problem?

I would like to post the console errors but when it crashes the console does too meaning I cannot copy it to my clipboard. However, I have tried to quickly read what it says before it disappears and I think I see something along the lines of "Memory overload after allocating 2500 packets" That may or may not be what it says but I cannot get a good read of it as it crashes so quickly . I have allocated 2.5GB of RAM to it, surely that would be enough? I do have a 64bit OS so 2.5GB should not be a problem, correct?

This is an extremely annoying problem, making me not want to play this pack as whenever I spend time on a world it just stops working eventually.

Other Info: I have 3 extra mods installed. These are Optifine, and the two mods needed for Mo' Creatures.

If anyone knows what may be causing it or how to fix it please let me know as a soon as possible as I really want to play some FTB!

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019
Does no one have any idea about what is wrong or if there is anyway I can fix it?

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine is not coded to work with any mods that use a forge base ( which in turn means pretty much all FTB packs). So Optifine tends to crash your game when it tries to do stuff the old way. There is a way to fix it and it is somewhere within this forum. I no longer use Optifine and have been looking for a replacement as I don't like workarounds. So I am sorry to say I cannot help you anymore but I hope this helped some.

You can test to see if it is Optifine by removing it and seeing if that fixes the problem. If the problem persists it may just be something else. If it doesn't then you can search for the fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine is not coded to work with any mods that use a forge base ( which in turn means pretty much all FTB packs). So Optifine tends to crash your game when it tries to do stuff the old way. There is a way to fix it and it is somewhere within this forum. I no longer use Optifine and have been looking for a replacement as I don't like workarounds. So I am sorry to say I cannot help you anymore but I hope this helped some.

Thank you so much. This problem has been stressing me out for a while. I will try uninstalling Optifine and seeing if that works.

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019

You can test to see if it is Optifine by removing it and seeing if that fixes the problem. If the problem persists it may just be something else. If it doesn't then you can search for the fix.

You are my saviour :D
I played for a while with Optifine uninstalled and it worked great. Thank you so much!

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019
It has happened again...
It seem that whenever I get attacked by a snake in Mo' Creatures this happens. I start to back away from it (as you usually would in these cases) and then it just crashes.
Whenever I try to load up the world I just see my hot bar and pointer but nothing else. It is just those two things on a blue-ish background and then FTB crashes.
I tried copying the world and when I go into it it is just the same, hot bar and pointer on a blue-ish background.
If anyone knows what to do, please let me know.
Thanks