Problem with launcher

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
B

Banana68230

Title:
Problem with launcher
Launcher Version:
V1.4.11
Modpack:
Feed the beast Ultimate 1.4.7
Modpack Version:
v1.1.2
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hi ! I wan't to join a FTB Ultimate server but when i launch FTB Ultimate the game crash and i see that :

Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 30/01/16 12:01

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
Operating System: Windows 10 (x86) version 10.0
Java Version: 1.8.0_71, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 207325488 bytes (197 MB) / 259588096 bytes (247 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v7.26a FML v4.7.35.556 Minecraft Forge 6.6.2.534 0 mods loaded, 0 mods active
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null[failed to get system properties (java.lang.RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:252)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:399)
at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:746)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT af9d6fca ----------

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
"
Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.
"

Did you try that?

Ps. That java 8 fix does nothing for <1.6.4 MC

jikuja

Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Also where in your video is proof that it will work with 1.4.7? Timestamp for it?

So you may have heard that as of Java 8 update 20, a bug came to light in Forge which causes a crash at startup. This appears to affect both Minecraft 1.6 and 1.7. Fortunately, later versions of Forge for 1.7.10 correct the issue. But 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 are still affected, as are many versions for 1.7.10 still in use. You could easily just use Java 7, or Java 8 update 11, and not be affected by this bug. But for future-proofing sake, in case someone wants to run Java 8 but a security issue is discovered at some point in the future which makes update 11 not very safe, I decided to just fix Forge.

Only one file is the problem, so that's all you need:

CoreModManager.class, for Forge #965 for Minecraft 1.6.4.
or
CoreModManager.class, for Forge #1121 / #1147 for Minecraft 1.7.2
or
CoreModManager.class, for Forge #1208 for Minecraft 1.7.10

Does this say it will work with MC 1.4.7 or is required for MC 1.4.7?

And where OP is supposed to download CoreModManager.class for 1.4.7?

jikuja

Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
I newer said it does not work with 1.6.4, please do not put words in my mouth.

Demolishun

Jul 29, 2019
jikuja,
I think this less than thing is some kind of weird maths junk you made up. Since when are arrows used for relative size comparisons?

M

Monkeyfish

A lot of people use that as a arrow to show something. You could have simply said it does not work below 1.6.4
The less than symbol is fairly universal and understood by most people, so it's reasonable to guess that people would understand it.

M

Monkeyfish

Most people use it as a arrow to point to something. Coding nerds, and math nerds use it for the less than symbol :)
Isn't '<' taught in basic Algebra? Which most people, not just math nerds, have taken?

jikuja

Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Well, I'm still waiting for proofs if those fixes work with MC 1.4.7 which is the version in OP's log.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm still waiting for proofs if those fixes work with MC 1.4.7 which is the version in OP's log.
I see what everyone is saying, I also see I miss read something. I thought the 1.4.7 FTB servers were removed, so I though it was just a typo that is why I linked the video. Its really all a big misunderstanding :) Jikuja I am sorry for miss reading, you where right. And I am a big enough man to admit when I was wrong. If there is a 1.4.7 server fix I am not aware of it. Unless it is the legacy.jar you sent me.
So you were right.

jikuja

Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
That bug exists only in 1.6.4, 1.7.2 and some 1.7.10 releases. => There is not fix for 1.4.7. The fix only changes mod sorting methods to be compatible with java 8u20 and newer. It will not be a silver bullet for every java 8 problem which automatically fixes every problem.

That fix is only required if startup fails with:
[main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: Unable to launch java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.remove(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_20]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:117) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]

to OP:
If GPU driver update/downgrade/reinstall or machine reboot does not fix this problem, please, post a full log.