Open Problem with extreme reactors after server-restart or offline chunkloading with ftbutils

G

GoMichi

Summary of the problem Problem with extreme reactors after server-restart or offline chunkloading with ftbutils

Pack Version 1.2.1

What is the bug? There seems to be a problem with the extreme reactors not recognizing adjacent turbine fluid ports. It happens after every server restart and also when staying offline for 5 minutes or more (chunkloading with ftb-utilities enabled). The reactor is completely powered off (no steam produced) with turbines enabled but standing still at 0 rpm).

It might be a problem with extreme reactors and also ftb ultilities not chunkloading the extreme reactors correctly.

(Sorry for the errors, im german)

Mod & Version Extreme Reactors / FTB Utilities

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes

Known Fix It works again after breaking one reactorcasing and placing it back.

I fixed the offline chunkloading by adding the mod "chicken chunks" to my server. This seems so work nicely.

C

CDArena

Be careful when forming multi-block structures across chunk boundaries - weirdness can happen. That might limit you to 16x16 reactors and force you to stand your turbines on-end. But it is either that or manually re-form your multi-block when a chunk unloads. As you said, problems happen after a server restart, which makes me think the issue is chunk-related.

You might try F9 to see if multiple chunks are involved. I bet placing the reactor and turbine in the same chunk might fix things. (If your reactor is under 16x16 and you build your turbine vertically)