Solved Problem with combining Mindcrack and DW20 mods

Chthon

Jul 29, 2019
I've gone through the following steps to create a stable server utilizing all mods from both Mindcrack and DW20:

Download Mindcrack 3 server.
Merge DW20 mods and core mods folder overwriting duplicates.
Removed 2 duplicate mods with slightly different versions leaving the newest versions in place.

The server starts fine with no notable warnings or errors. All errors or warnings showing are present when loading a vanilla Mindcrack 3 server. I did take note.

Then I downloaded the mindcrack client, first I removed the mod directories and then copied the server's mod directories over. Second try I removed all but the voxel mods and copied the remaining mods in.

The client starts. The client works fine. The client has all items in it. I have started a world to verify this. However when connecting to the server, the client says the item IDs for Mystcraft.workbench, Mystcraft.linking book, Mystcraft.notebook, mystcraft.bookstand, and Gravigun.gravigun are all wrong.

I cannot figure out why, but the gravigun and mystcraft mods seem to have conflicting item IDs, and forge is resolving them differently for the server than it is for the client. Does anyone have any clue why this happens, or any idea on how to fix this?

I'm going to try removing gravigun mod and see if that allows connection, but I was hoping for a sort of ghetto ultimate pack, and with the fact that the server runs fine I thought I had it.

Chthon

Jul 29, 2019
Update: I did the same series of steps with the Mindcraft 4 and DW20 2 servers and it allows me to connect now fine. However a new issue. I have the game raining chickens? Actual fluttering chickens are appearing out of the clouds, slowing flapping down, and then disappearing in a white puff when they hit something... I didn't know you could even do this!

Chthon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, just posting it here. Everything aparently works fine. The chickens are from Portalgun mod it seems. A search turned that up.

Still don't know why forge acted weird earlier.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to edit the first post and change the problem to Solved? I'm asking cos I don't know if you can after making the post, I know a moderator can but can you?