Problem with BuildCraft Quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dr. Oshawott

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, I'm in the Monster pack on the latest update. I recently set up a Buildcraft Quarry (don't have enough materials for Quarry+). It's working fine, but every time I check up on it, I see some items laying around that likely came from my quarry, there are no other nearby quarries running. Here's my set up:

z2QV14x.png

My tesseracts are set up properly, around 95% of the items are being put into my AE system but I'm just concerned about the items I'm already losing when I come to check up on it.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
How is the other end set up? Did you just put an import bus (btw, what kind of import bus) against the other tesseract? It may be that you need a better/different buffer on the other end of the tesseract pair, and it's periodically getting back-stuffed.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure about your item question, but why do you have a spot loader there? Quarries are chunk loaders...

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I use tesseracts for a quarry I had the same thing happen, so I had to set a chest on top and then I set the fast item ducts to pipe into the tesseract.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Last time I use tesseracts for a quarry I had the same thing happen, so I had to set a chest on top and then I set the fast item ducts to pipe into the tesseract.
Yeah this is most likely it. The "bandwidth" of the tesseract get overburdened just momentarily and items have no buffer to go to. A chest or Hopper or something with an Inventory as intermediary step between quarry and tesseract should fix the problem.

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'm pretty sure that Quarries were chunk loaders all the way back in 1.4.7. I'd have to check to make sure, and I don't have a 1.4.7 world loaded at the moment.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm pretty sure that Quarries were chunk loaders all the way back in 1.4.7. I'd have to check to make sure, and I don't have a 1.4.7 world loaded at the moment.
Yeah they were. I have never had to use chunkloaders in conjunction to quarries in 1.4.7.