Problem with Authartic Gates

Jijeras97

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I've recently started on IC2 power and I'm using wood from my Forestry tree farm to power the generator to the batbox, and I want the generator to automatically refuel when there is space. I made Authartic gates and I put a chest, a wooden pipe leading to the generator and then placed the gate on the pipe. I set it to If space in inventory, energy pulser. Now, even if there is no space for wood (example there is a stack of wood in there) it still pulses and wood spews out everywhere. I found a way to put an item in the top slot of the Generator to see if that worked, but nothing. I also tried Authartic AND Gates and set if space energy pulse and on the bottom if full no pulse and still no go.

I'm new to BC Gates but I understand the concept, but am I doing something wrong?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
the BC pipes are not an instant item transportation system, so if a gate switches on, it pulls multiple items before the items actually gets to their destination and the gate reacts.
you can solve this by instead of using "if space in inventory" to "if inventory is empty" it won't keep the inventory constantly full, but you won't get items flying around.
but if you really do want the inventory to be constantly full, put a BC hopper ontop of the block, and have the gate pump into there with the "if inventory is empty" condition.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
There are two simple ways to do this, the gates way is this, pipe from farm into a barrel as a basic buffer, the barrel should be 1 up & 1 off to a side so that its not over the furnace, wood pipe under barrel & a gold pipe to the furnace, both pipes need to be clicked with red pipe wire, the wooden pipe under the barrel place the Authartic gate, the other end of the line the gold pipe need a plain gate, the gate is set to Inventory empty = Pipe wire signal (the RS torch), the Authartic gate is set to Pipe wire signal = Pulse, this will keep the furnace working but not over flow, the reason to use gold pipe is the speed of gold pipes, the same can be done to keep the gen refueled.

The second is to use TE furnace as they can have the output set to any side, but not the face, & it auto ejects into pipes or a valid inventory, this we can use to cut out most of the steps above & most or even all the gates.

Pipe from your farm to the top of the TE furnace input is blue, set output on bottom to orange, place a gen beside it & place 2 gold pipes under the furnace & gen to link, (gen can only be fed from bottom if I remember) place some redstone pipe wire on the pipes & place a gate under generator set the gate to Inventory empty = Pipe wire signal, in the TE furnace GUI set Redstone high, the furnace with only make & eject when it gets the signal, or you can place a the gen one block lower & use a vanilla hopper as the buffer, that way you dont even need gates, remember that the farm will produce more that a couple of furnaces can handle so have the pipes on top end in a barrel some place past the furnaces. there are far far better ways to do this but there just two very basic ways, best way is setup one or both & play about you'll be amazed how fast lot of this falls into place.

D

Deleted member 38496

I think the issue you're having comes from using one pipe between the chest and generator, so the room in inventory condition examines both inventories. You can use iron gates instead with two pipes between the chest and generator, setting the one next to the generator to turn on red pipe wire when there's room and setting the one on the wooden pipe to pull when red pipe wire is on. Some items might still spill over that way, which could be fixed by using an autarchic iron AND gate on the second pipe and setting the second condition to pull when no items are in the pipe.