preventing wither effect direwolf20 1.7 pack

Hisashi

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question for people playing in this pack, is there any mid to late game way to prevent the withering effect from wither skeletons, the wither or the gaia guardian? other than morph that is, because i feel using morph for anything other than fitting in small spaces is kind of cheaty, but i don't judge people who do use it that way, thanks very much

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I think Forbidden Magic has a wand that disables wither effect if you have it in your hotbar. At least it worked that way in 1.6.4. If DW20 has that mod then it might still be possible.

Hisashi

Jul 29, 2019
unfortunately none of the add on mods other than thaumic tinkerer and thaumic exploration, to my knowledge, have been updated to 1.7 so that rules out anything from forbidden magic though thanks for trying

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Tinkerer has a talisman which cleanses all negative effects, but it wears out as it does that.
You can enchant it with Unbreaking though.

Hisashi

Jul 29, 2019
that would definitely be useful but is there a way to do it without thaumcraft? i don't have anything against it, just trying to find multiple solutions

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Then I think your only options are milk bottles. Or you can use armor enchanted with lots of Protection, severely reducing the effect's damage.

Hisashi

Jul 29, 2019
so what you're saying is that out of all the mods available in the pack, only one item from thaumcraft can passively negate the wither effect? i knew about milk but i figured that there had to be at least a couple of methods in the pack that didn't require extra work on the players part to use

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
In the past IC2 high tier armor suit also negates wither damage, makes you pretty much invincible till power runs out. Dunno if they have changed it.

Hisashi

Jul 29, 2019
i didn't even know it did that in the past, i would check it right now but i haven't even started ic2 yet but now i have a possible second thing that negates the effects so yay