Prevent mob spawning without light in end world

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mystcraft age: end world, single biome, meadows, normal sun and moon with cycles like in overworld, etc. And i like to have a nice road with some lamps turn on at night. But I really don't like have everywhere torches or any other light source to prevent mob spawning, because it will destroy feel of my lamps. But without light, lot of mobs start spawn, because it's a small area. I have some ideas to prevent mob spawning without light,but there are some problems:
MFFS - it must be very huge to cover whole end world and consumes lot of FE and can be laggy.
SLABS - there aren't grass slabs.
WATER - no comment.
IRON GOLEMS - they aren't enough strong to defeat that huge amount of mobs.
ANOTHER PLACE TO SPAWN - my idea is to build huge platform under or inside the world where mobs can spawn, so on the top of the world, the amount of mobs will be decreased.

I'll be glad for more ideas

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Glass slabs exist if you have RP2 in the pack you are using. Also, mobs don't spawn on Mycelium or ice.

Edit- Just reread the OP, you said grass slabs. You could use green wool, kind of an astroturf kind of thing.

Reactions: RealSketch

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly think we need a block that prevents mob spawn in an area around it that works like a chunk loader. I hate having to cover everywhere with light so if I'm on single player I mostly turn peaceful on after I get fully geared.

Because there's no way a bunch of zombies are killing me in a quantum suit anyway. And at that point the game is mostly creative with some work I had to do before I got to that point.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Glass slabs exist if you have RP2 in the pack you are using. Also, mobs don't spawn on Mycelium or ice.

Edit- Just reread the OP, you said grass slabs. You could use green wool, kind of an astroturf kind of thing.

mobs spawn on mycelium.

They do not spawn in the biome mushroom island/shore, however.[DOUBLEPOST=1371846261][/DOUBLEPOST]
I honestly think we need a block that prevents mob spawn in an area around it that works like a chunk loader. I hate having to cover everywhere with light so if I'm on single player I mostly turn peaceful on after I get fully geared.

Because there's no way a bunch of zombies are killing me in a quantum suit anyway. And at that point the game is mostly creative with some work I had to do before I got to that point.

not long ago I saw a mod that had some kind of torch that lighted up like a normal torch but prevented spawns in a 64x64 area, but sadly, forgot where I saw it.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
There are grass facades.

You can just put a whole bunch of structure pipes around, although I'm not sure if mobs can spawn on pipes or not

Reactions: pavelkomin

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
extra utilities magnum torch (prevents mob spawns in a 64 block sphere (new as of v0.2.4). just put a bunch one block underneath the ground

I wish I knew this 6 months ago in my 2nd FTB world. I was so innocent back then, me and my 3000 torches.

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your help, but there are still problems. I want have there grass. Lot of golems will break fell of the place. Extra utilities is not part of the FTB. A really like idea with grass facade, but the grass facades are gray on top.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your help, but there are still problems. I want have there grass. Lot of golems will break fell of the place. Extra utilities is not part of the FTB. A really like idea with grass facade, but the grass facades are gray on top.

Extra Utilities is part of the 1.5.2 ftb packs. Consider an upgrade.

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your help. I need to create mushroom biome age and just replace mycelium with grass :) , but how to replace that much mycelium. I need help again.
P.S.: There will be these lovely red cows with mushrooms :)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your help. I need to create mushroom biome age and just replace mycelium with grass :) , but how to replace that much mycelium. I need help again.
P.S.: There will be these lovely red cows with mushrooms :)

you can use a filler, a wand of equal trade (set to dirt and have 2 in your inventory) with potency 3, redpower frame with block breakers and then deployers (if the world is flat)

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for help, wand of equal trade will be the best choose to replace mycelium with grass in mushroom biome.

TheDawgMiner

Jul 29, 2019
I have a mystcraft age: end world, single biome, meadows, normal sun and moon with cycles like in overworld, etc. And i like to have a nice road with some lamps turn on at night. But I really don't like have everywhere torches or any other light source to prevent mob spawning, because it will destroy feel of my lamps. But without light, lot of mobs start spawn, because it's a small area. I have some ideas to prevent mob spawning without light,but there are some problems:
MFFS - it must be very huge to cover whole end world and consumes lot of FE and can be laggy.
SLABS - there aren't grass slabs.
WATER - no comment.
IRON GOLEMS - they aren't enough strong to defeat that huge amount of mobs.
ANOTHER PLACE TO SPAWN - my idea is to build huge platform under or inside the world where mobs can spawn, so on the top of the world, the amount of mobs will be decreased.

I'll be glad for more ideas

You didn't say which FTB pack you are using or if your playing in a test world, Direwolf20 1.5.2 has some really useful soil in the Nether, sorry forgot its name, but it cases damage! if your Using a 1.4.7 pack with Xycraft, you can use the blue crystal to make spikes on roofs & ground & they give off light. Many of the Biome Mods have Quicksand & makes great anti-mob trap, in 1.4.7 Direwolf I use quicksand over Zycraft cryastals! Bugs from twilight forest can be put on posts to make light. on my test world I have Canopy tree farm & get 100's of bugs!!!

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't say which FTB pack you are using or if your playing in a test world, Direwolf20 1.5.2 has some really useful soil in the Nether, sorry forgot its name, but it cases damage! if your Using a 1.4.7 pack with Xycraft, you can use the blue crystal to make spikes on roofs & ground & they give off light. Many of the Biome Mods have Quicksand & makes great anti-mob trap, in 1.4.7 Direwolf I use quicksand over Zycraft cryastals! Bugs from twilight forest can be put on posts to make light. on my test world I have Canopy tree farm & get 100's of bugs!!!

sorry to pop your bubble... but this thread is old and has been answered already