Preferred ore doubler of choice?

What's your prefered ore doubler of choice?

• Total voters

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Does the infernal furnace produce extra nuggets on dartcraft chunks? I have yet to see it do so with TE3 pulverized metals - my current method of choice although that's because I know TE and haven't explored other options yet.

The Infernal Furnace won't produce nuggets from dusts that are registered in the Ore Dictionary to prevent Dust -> Ingot -> Dust infinite feedback loops. However, Dartcraft dusts and chunks are not registered as dusts in the Ore Dictionary and WILL make nuggets in the Infernal Furnace. Dartcraft doesn't let you turn ingots into dusts, so there's no infinite feedback loop there either.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
The Infernal Furnace won't produce nuggets from dusts that are registered in the Ore Dictionary to prevent Dust -> Ingot -> Dust infinite feedback loops. However, Dartcraft dusts and chunks are not registered as dusts in the Ore Dictionary and WILL make nuggets in the Infernal Furnace. Dartcraft doesn't let you turn ingots into dusts, so there's no infinite feedback loop there either.

Ah, good to know. I will have to experiment a bit more and play with the new shiny things. So many new shiny things.....

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
for me it's definitely Tinker's Construct. combine fortune with smelting and you've a portable ore processing build that works on pretty much all the ores and can give you alot more output then the standard x2. throw in an electrical upgrade and it'll even be very cheap with it's processing and fast as hell
though on the downside it can't give you any of the extra output like for example the TE pulverizer does

I typically go with Thermal Expansion until i get enough to do this. TE is a fairly cheap starting system, but later when i just need a gigantic amount of copper and tin, i'd much rather use the TiC fortune+Smelt interaction.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism triples ore production, not just double. Thought I would get that out. :p

Not as much as RotaryCraft or some other forms of ore processing but it is easy to set up and automate.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo for early-game ore doubling, then TE3 mostly from there on out. Mid-to-late-game, I use IC2 for Uranium and Iron since the IC2 Iron Ore byproduct is Gold.

I voted TE3 since that's what I do most of my ore doubling with. I love the Silk-Touched Redstone into Cinnabar for 1x Shiny from 1x Ferrous :)[DOUBLEPOST=1386630320][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd also like to point out that Ender IO's SAG Mill is very TE3 Pulverizer-like and can do ore doubling with byproduct(s) as well.

It's roughly 2.1x for some ores and 2.2x for others.

Reactions: Odovbold

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
its roughly a 5x multiplier for the extractor.
and yea, its slow.
at least until you direct-drive a gas turbine to it. then its fairly fast.

despite its slowness, its probably a key first component due to the sheer volume of steel needed by the mod.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
its roughly a 5x multiplier for the extractor.
and yea, its slow.
at least until you direct-drive a gas turbine to it. then its fairly fast.

despite its slowness, its probably a key first component due to the sheer volume of steel needed by the mod.
Does it still have the absolute maximum speed? In 1.5.2 I know it cannot be faster than stage 2 and 3(Speed cannot be increased despite how many rad/s you feed it.) + 2 ticks(Stage 1 and 4 can be sped up to 1 tick each).