Problem Power storage in ATM3-remix

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Anton_

I'm playing ATM3-remix and having problems with getting enough power storage capacity.

The obvious solution is a Drac energy core, but that needs an awakened draconium block at its centre flanked by two draconic energy cores, each needing an awakened core in their fusion recipes. Fusion crafting awakened blocks needs 700 million RF a pop. I think I can drum up that amount of power, but I'd like to be able to store it somewhere - I'd rather not have power generators drip-feeding the fusion process directly. From what I've just said, a drac power ball is not feasible.

I'm aware of EIO capacitors, and a few others, but most seem to max out at 25-50M RF per block, so that I'd have to have a bank of several banks of them - possible, but kinda messy.

Does anyone know of any power storage capacity option that is more elegant?

A

Anton_

Mekanism's induction matrix can be made with quite a large capacity.
Thank you :) that would certainly do the trick, but it's a bit bulky.

I went the way of Thermal's energy cells, resonant tier (50KRF) and applied Holding IV so each can hold 150KRF. Six of those thus hold a total of 900KRF in a 2x3 block, with a Mek gas-burning generator on ethylene topping them up.

A

Anton_

Whoever put the modpack together seemed to want to strongly discourage draconic power storage, as getting to the energy core requires a LOT of awakened draconium, and infusing each batch of 4 blocks uses 700 million RF, and the final step needs draconic injectors, the creation of which also require awakened blocks.

I was therefore just wondering if, given that powerful deprecation of draconic power storage, what other method the modpack compiler might have had in mind.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
RFTools Powercells offer a nice benefit of being able to transmit RF wirelessly, although their throughput is limited to 5k / 7.5k per side and their storage is only 1m.

For raw storage capacity, it appears your best bet is Thermal Expansion's Energy Cells which have a maximum capacity of 80m and a maximum throughput of 32k.