Power Sources

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What other kinds of series would you guys want to see?

• LP

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Inventions/Tutorials

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Block Spotlights

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
Oil Fabricators+refineries+ max sized HP boilers+ powerconverters converting steam to MJ= 39% more fuel than the entire setup is consuming. Now that's a loophole you actually after. So every 3 boilers will fuel another one then a tab bit more fuel for your every own use. Just need a tiny oil spout to "jumpstart" a single HP to start the positive looping.

I tried this, but it dosen't seem to work. could you post a picture/pictures of the setup? I think I'm just a bit confused.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Okay here they are (if your still struck on 1.4.7 then just replace the conductive pipes with conduilts and the rednet cables with red alloy wires)
2013-06-22_23.38.54.png
2013-06-22_23.39.07.png
2013-06-22_23.39.22.png
2013-06-22_23.39.28.png

This will eventually fills up the line to the boiler (remenber you Must fuel it until it's almost fully heated, one small oil spout will do) Then you may draw about 40% of power/fuel or about 39% with conduilts.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Didn't know those even existed!

Buildcraft pipes no longer explode but now have limits in the amount of lower they let through. Diamond is the only one that's 'large' enough for 18 industrial engines. AFAIK it's 256mj/t. Still makes them useless compared to TE conduits and a lot less suitable for server play but atleast, thank the gods of MC, they don't explode anymore :D

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know what 1 item on that structure is aside from the accumulator on the bottom left. But its beautiful. o.o

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft pipes no longer explode but now have limits in the amount of lower they let through. Diamond is the only one that's 'large' enough for 18 industrial engines. AFAIK it's 256mj/t. Still makes them useless compared to TE conduits and a lot less suitable for server play but atleast, thank the gods of MC, they don't explode anymore :D
Actually they been boosted to a max input/output of 1024mj/t! (conduilts lose 5% whenever power enters and only can do 1000mj/t)

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Actually they been boosted to a max input/output of 1024mj/t! (conduilts lose 5% whenever power enters and only can do 1000mj/t)
Conduits can transfer 1000 MJ/t per one connection, there is no overall limit for conduit network. Also they don't have loss anymore. Golden pipe is now 256 MJ/t with addition of quartz pipes.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Conduits can transfer 1000 MJ/t per one connection, there is no overall limit for conduit network. Also they don't have loss anymore. Golden pipe is now 256 MJ/t with addition of quartz pipes.

I think it's a bit sad that they're now just trying to one-up te conduits. TE conduits are a lot more server-friendly so you don't want suddenly everyone going back to golden conduits.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well at least it's actually makes sense to use them now vs. conduits for the diamonds you need for them to be "loss less power transfer", and conduits do lose power they just don't lose any more power after the power is first entered the te network so if you put in 100mj then you will not lose any more than 5 mj no matter if it hits the machine ASAP or stored then hit a machine. Machines hooked up to BC pipes will however make them consume power when even idle, so a smart setup can indeed be loss less. Best way to do this is to use all the power coming into your BC pipe network.

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Well at least it's actually makes sense to use them now vs. conduits for the diamonds you need for them to be "loss less power transfer", and conduits do lose power they just don't lose any more power after the power is first entered the te network so if you put in 100mj then you will not lose any more than 5 mj no matter if it hits the machine ASAP or stored then hit a machine. Machines hooked up to BC pipes will however make them consume power when even idle, so a smart setup can indeed be loss less. Best way to do this is to use all the power coming into your BC pipe network.

Unless the power comes from a TE source, I believe no energy is loss if it comes from a TE power source.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yep I believe if you use one of those two engines then your not losing anything if your using at least their lowest outputs (0.2 for steam and 0.4 for mangictics engines). However if you say you have 20 biofuel generators then your giving up on one whole biofuel generator if they're at full power just to keep the conduits 5% loss at bay. Honesty I just hate mj % based loss glad it's possible to avoid it all now with the new BC pipes changes. (you need to use all the power coming out and keep the unused machines unhooked)

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Why are conduits more server friendly than conductive pipes?

I don't believe the increased carrying capacity of diamond conductive pipes renders conduits obsolete. Remember, conduits are a hell of a lot cheaper and when you've got a renewable fuel source, a 5% loss isn't really a big deal.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019

I don't believe the increased carrying capacity of diamond conductive pipes renders conduits obsolete. Remember, conduits are a hell of a lot cheaper and when you've got a renewable fuel source, a 5% loss isn't really a big deal.

I think it's because of the visual updates, I believe that's done server-side.

blinghunter

Jul 29, 2019
i made a power source using lava from the nether by 4 pumps pumping to a ender tank (could also be a liquid teseract) with a chunk loader near by so it keeps running when not in the nether then from there you have another ender tank in the over world pumping into a multi tank then that connects to 10 geothermal generators then to about 15 mfe's, beware you can drain the nether's lava pool so made your pumps in the middle of the pool or where its deeper then normal

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

I hope we manage to summon King Lemming to this thread since he can explain it better than I do, but what I understood is that each individual pipe section of conductive pipe does 'fluid' calculations (the energy basically acts the same as fluids). Conduits on the other hand don't really have separate sections, they act just as a single entity where energy is added to and removed from. And that's just simply adding to or substracting from an integer. Much more efficient.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC conduits do the computations per block that is sending or receiving to/from a conduit, while pipes calculate on a per pipe basis. So if you have 2 machines connected to a 1km long length of conduits, it only computes both ends, while if you do the same with pipes it calculates all 1,000 pipes.