Power Sources

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What other kinds of series would you guys want to see?

• LP

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Inventions/Tutorials

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Block Spotlights

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! I am going to start a youtube channel soon and it will be FTB related. One of my first videos/series (depending on how many ides I get) will be showing many ways to generate power. Any I would like the community's help creating the list, so it can be the biggest and best it can be!

It can be for any type of power, as long as the mod that uses the power is in ultimate. Try to be creative with the ideas, and if I like it and use your idea I will give you a shoutout in the video.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Solar geothermal wind turbines water mills lightning rod fusion reactor nuclear reactor wither farm making coal for generators blaze farm making blaze Rods for generators steam power there are to many things to list but ill put as many as possible[DOUBLEPOST=1371629966][/DOUBLEPOST]Quantum generator if you wanna be cheatey

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
Solar geothermal wind turbines water mills lightning rod fusion reactor nuclear reactor wither farm making coal for generators blaze farm making blaze Rods for generators steam power there are to many things to list but ill put as many as possible[DOUBLEPOST=1371629966][/DOUBLEPOST]Quantum generator if you wanna be cheatey
Thanks, but I was looking for more unique ideas. Anyone can use the standard ones, but I am looking for more obscure ideas, like infinite energy loopholes and stuff like that.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok well you could do something with biogas engines eg use meat from a mfr slaughter house in a biogas engine just because! :)

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, but I was looking for more unique ideas. Anyone can use the standard ones, but I am looking for more obscure ideas, like infinite energy loopholes and stuff like that.

Stuff like that tends to get patched out very soon. And then we end up with people coming here and complaining they build the stuff you build and it doesn't work ;)

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
Stuff like that tends to get patched out very soon. And then we end up with people coming here and complaining they build the stuff you build and it doesn't work ;)

Yeah, I completely agree.[DOUBLEPOST=1371632608][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh ok well you could do something with biogas engines eg use meat from a mfr slaughter house in a biogas engine just because! :)

I could try that... But I am prolly gonna wait until the 1.5.x/1.6.x versions to be released (whichever one comes first, 1.5.x might not be a version for ultimate) just so I know it will not be nerfed, like Hydra said, for a while.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

in 1.5 there's also a new powersource, manual powersource :)
you can wind up a forestry's clockwork engine and it'll produce power free of charge (except for the materials to make it)

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
A horribly in-efficient but hilariously obscure (no one on the server I was playing could seem to understand it) is using a Fabricator with a Minium Stone creating logs from planks. Those logs are sent to a saw mill so you are constantly generating more and more planks, which you could burn in some steam engines to create power. The only problem is that minium stones have a durability so they would require replacing every now and then

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Antimatter reactor when greg adds itofc.

Until then, chicken spawner -> centrifuge -> gas turbine. +50% power profit.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Oil Fabricators+refineries+ max sized HP boilers+ powerconverters converting steam to MJ= 39% more fuel than the entire setup is consuming. Now that's a loophole you actually after. So every 3 boilers will fuel another one then a tab bit more fuel for your every own use. Just need a tiny oil spout to "jumpstart" a single HP to start the positive looping.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
I generate MJ/EU in tandem. My MJ tower consists of 4 mfr MJ generators, 1 redstone energy conduit in the center and two liquiducts in opposite corners per layer up to as high as one's biofuel production will support. one can switch whether one uses 1 conduit and 2 liquiducts or 2 conduit and one liquiduct in the middle. My EU tower consists of 4 generators and one glass fibre cable per layer up to 40 layers tall. The first layer additionally requires a router with machine filter and bandwidth upgrades. Also one has to have, at either the top or bottom , two hv transformers to transform the power up to EV and back down to HV packets or an AESU to move around/store the 1600eu/t without loss of energy bandwidth. This can all be powered by a single unupgraded mfr planter/harvester/fertilizer/composter/sewer combination using fir or redwood trees in 4x4 configuration that then feeds saplings into an MFR bioreactor (biofuel for MJs) and logs into sawmills for planks for the router to distribute among the generators. Lacking fir or redwood, plain old oak works great.

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
Magic Energy converter thing that make energy from vis, make a huge pure node near you to offset flux or just let the flux happen and it might cause a thunderstorm to power a lightning rod.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should try to go back to the roots of minecraft automation. Skip all that GregQuest stuff. Use Buildcraft. Have a ton of quarries. Use the materials you quarried for building. Make full skyscrapers from the ground up. Use some of those Builders to help. Make a cool underground sewer system from MFR. Make a nice looking, modern city with MFR roads. Populate it with villagers. Release the world file for download every 10 episodes or so. This is much more fun than watching 10 youtubers all do the same old "get diamonds, make machines, make more machines, make a storage system to handle the materials, etc" take on the modpack.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Never heard of a solar boiler, mind explaining more?

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast.

In Factorization there is a block called the Solar Boiler. It's intended to place placed over an infinite water source (it will suck up the water automatically). Atop it is usually the solar turbine for charging batteries. Surround the Solar Boiler with Mirrors (8 silver + 1 glass pane) to produce steam.

I've not really done much with factorizations batteries or even the turbine (uses diamond shards I think), but I did think it was cool the steam could be harvested from the top of a solar boiler and used in things like steam engines and even stored in tanks for future use.

Using something like 550 silver I made a five high solar boiler stack (You can stack them one atop the other) and then surrounded each solar boiler with mirrors in an expanding and tiered structure (looked like a football field surrounded by bleachers.

As to how much steam, it was enough to run seven commercial steam engines at 4 mj each for 28 mj a tic - during the day.

It's not as good as solar panels and hybrid solar panels - but it's free power once set up. And since stream is able to be stored in rail craft tanks ... kinda nice. :)