Power Room Control

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

as DW20 1.10 pack does relay on different power generators at the same time to advance a bit more, I am having trouble having the overview of were I´m using Power and were and how much I am creating.

So I would like to make a room with a central Power storage.
All Power Creation will have a dedicated RTTools Powercell that gets the power to the Power Storage.
Also every farm,spawner, ME,... that needs power will be grouped and get a Powercell assigned.

I did start setting this up yesterday but I run in some troubles.

First of I have Power generation that is passive and active. So I would like to priorize the passive power to be used.
For example my Thermoelectric Generators will produce always power so I will use them first after the power from my BioDiesel Generators that only jump in if my passive(priority) power does not hold up.

I did solve this with a second Energy Storage that is feed by the generators and only outputs to the Mainstorage if this is lower then 50%....
So far so good.

Now I would need also so assure that the maschines that my active power relays on are always supplied first with energy. So in case I run low on energy, maybe my Spawners shutdown... but not my ME network or my Diesel Rafinery.

This in combination with wanting a nice design is making me cry :)

I´m thinking about how to make this so maybe some of you have a nice hind for me? How do you normaly handel this?

I´m giving the RFTools Programmer a chance I think since with him it should be possible to maybe send a redstone signal to a specific chanel so only certain powercells output if they are active and energy less 50% or something?

I could go for a complex and very space consuming redstone wire thing all over the room but this will make it messy.

Edit: I will format this in some minutes

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
EnderIO has the easy answer. No only can the power monitor do what you're after, but it's capacitors can be can be separately set to input or out put power depending on whether or not they're receiving a redstone signal. So you can have them only accept when there's no redstone signal. So if your system goes over capacity, the Power Monitor will output redstone and can either turn on more generators, or kick off the power input on certain Capacitors.

And EnderIO redstone conduit can be snapped to the power conduit in a single block.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I recommend EIO too. Have all your power solutions feed into a large Capacitor Bank. Storage capacity really doesn't matter, but in/output caps have to match your total power production/usage.

Use Power Monitors to detect energy level and toggle each power source on/off accordingly. That way you can sequence each power solution(cheap renewable power turns on first, more expensive later if more power is needed).

If you wish to toggle various power users ON/OFF and/or restrict throughput, you can use the Power Buffer. It can work based on RS input and you can set the exact input and output limits. Obviously you can also use Power Monitors to toggle these, basically allowing certain machines to only run when other energy usage is low.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Power Buffers? You meany the EnderIO Relay, right?

In facts I did use EIO yesterday for the first tests and it works ok.

Problems I have are that the maximum Energy Conduit (vibrant one) only has 20kRF/t so this is not much... I would need to use a lot of them to get everything seperated and this makes a mess out of the walls again... I kind of try to go with the Actually Aditions Lasers who have max 1000kRF/t. But I also observed strange behaviours with them.. the total Power seems not to match what I expect it to be but I have to test more...

Problem number two with EnderIO is that I can not set the outputs in a Multiblock capacitor seperatly per port. So if I have 1 Power line for Priority Production 1 I want to On/Off this with redstone and the other Port I have Priority 2...
OK nvm. during writin the last line I notice that this can be done by eather controling the conduit with redstone or a Relay inbetween :)

So left over here is the 20kRF/t... any alternatives aside from the Lasers who are strong but very uggly and messy as well. :(

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I guess Relay makes more sence anyway.

since :"The Power Buffer is a machine for relaying power."
In 1.10 the Relay does not have a internal storage so buffer is actually the wrong term here anyway.

Gues for the Energy Conduit I have to live with the EnderIo ones... Maybe the probelm of max 20kRF/t is only a theoreticaly one and I will never get to the point of using more then this on a singel line.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I definitely can't think of a block that uses more than that much power/t, but you can also put them on multiple faces of a block because it's 20k transfer per/t I believe.

If you absolutely HAVE to have that kind of power transfer, EnderIO capacitors multiblock together and will stack their output. So 4 Vibrant Capacitors can output 100k/t. So you can dump laser into that and then one end touches the machine.

Then again, I'm not sure how you're generating 100k/t. That'd tax even the Endergenic Generator I think.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
The problem would be if I attach different power Cells to one Energy Conduit line to not messing up the room, I would be quiet fast at this cap. But I still can do different inputs so I think it will be fine.
For now I did setit up.
Here some Screenshots to whom is interested in it.

Edit: How the hack an I insert Photos directly here?! I know I was able to via imur links but I forgot... All my brain was used for the room :)(

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Btw... I used the RF-Monitors for it with enderIo redstone conduits.
This way I can send a red stone signal to a specific channel and controle with the same line different maschines.
For each percentage that I want to change I will need a seperate monitor.
So Monitor 1 = If Capacitor less then 50%... Red channel
Monitor 2 = capacitor less then 80%..Brown channel
and so on.

Then at the power relays infront of the Powercell I only need to output from the according channel.