Power on Tinker's Construct tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Adeith

Is there any mods for 1.10.2 that add a modifier that allows a Tinker tool to be charged? Like back when you could add a leadstone energy cell to a tool. Any new mods that do that nowadays?

M

MikW

I think you can't do that anymore. But if you're looking for charged equipments, Ender IO Dark Steel equipments are probably your best choice. It's fairly cheap, just some Iron, Obsidian, and Coal Dust, with a little bit of emerald and ender pearls for the empowered version. You can then upgrade them with various gadgets.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think you can't do that anymore. But if you're looking for charged equipments, Ender IO Dark Steel equipments are probably your best choice. It's fairly cheap, just some Iron, Obsidian, and Coal Dust, with a little bit of emerald and ender pearls for the empowered version. You can then upgrade them with various gadgets.
Yep, this is the route I'm going too.

Although...

I have heard that the blood infused wood stuff (courtesy of Blood Arsenal in the Beyond modpack) ties into your Blood Magic soul network, and can be used as handles and such. So while you might not have an RF-chargeable tool, you CAN have a tool that repairs itself with your LP.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I just took a stack of iron and a tool station with me everywhere in my tool bag(you do have a toolbag don't you? for all the tools that are handy to have on you but you don't use all the time), that's good enough for 'recharging' my iron headed Hammer and iron is the one resource you are very unlikely to have trouble with barring specific modpacks artificial limitations on it. Staying with an iron head doesn't have too many ill effects on your tool speed either with a knightslime rod, obsidian sharpening kit and a couple levels of redstone that hammer tears through stone almost as fast as you can walk.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Conserve space! No need to lug around the tool station and iron.

Make sharpening kits. Make a mold out of gold or aluminum brass as you will use this more than one time by pouring the gold or aluminum brass over a stone sharpening kit.
2 ingots worth (or one ore) of iron makes 1 sharpening kit. 1 sharpening kit can repair an item to full from broken.

Also @WTFFFS, Don't waste your iron on a hammer, make it out of slime crystals to give you amazing durability. Sure it won't mine anything tougher than coal, but that's what your maxed out luck pick is for!

Reactions: Renton Terrace

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Don't waste your iron on a hammer, make it out of slime crystals to give you amazing durability. Sure it won't mine anything tougher than coal, but that's what your maxed out luck pick is for!

You can make an obsidian sharpening stone with your smeltery, then combine your slime crystal hammer with the sharpening stone (Obsidian) and a piece of Flint, then combine that modified hammer with an Emerald, after that you can mine virtually anything in the game and have awesome durability. :)

-Wuffle!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Make sharpening kits. Make a mold out of gold or aluminum brass as you will use this more than one time by pouring the gold or aluminum brass over a stone sharpening kit.
2 ingots worth (or one ore) of iron makes 1 sharpening kit. 1 sharpening kit can repair an item to full from broken.

Also @WTFFFS, Don't waste your iron on a hammer, make it out of slime crystals to give you amazing durability. Sure it won't mine anything tougher than coal, but that's what your maxed out luck pick is for!
Wait, what?! Sharpening kits can repair items???

Reactions: KingTriaxx

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019

Shit, I knew about sharpening kits but forgot to use them, mostly it's a habit from when sharpening kits didn't exist.

The iron head is inertia really, early on I didn't have a magnet and the magnetic II was nice I just haven't got around to changing it and now that I mostly use Environmental Tech Void miners or RFtools Quarries for resource gathering so the hammer only really gets used to clear rooms when I'm building.

And as for wasting iron? Even when manually mining iron was not something I ever had to think about except about how to stop it flooding my smeltery output chest before I had any type of storage drawers let alone a refined storage system system and having to have two smelteries, partially because of the sheer amount of iron and partially to avoid various alloyOOPS.

Edit: It takes 3 sharpening kits to fully repair my Hammer so the iron saving is negligible, all it saves me is roughly one inventory slot for the tool station, and the minor hassle of placing the station to repair that might actually be quicker than 'crafting' my hammer 3 times with a sharpening kit.

Last edited: