power network question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 1.12 pack

I'm looking for a way (not using energy cells because I don't like the throttle on power) to turn a power line off and on.

Basically I want to hook up a lever that I can turn on and off to let power flow through a flux conduit. Energy Cell was the only thing I found. I think the power relay in RFTools is another but not very familiar with it. Is there another way in the pack?

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Are you looking to switching it completely on and off at times or do you want specific amounts of enery to passthrough?
If thats the case why not have a Powercell + Power Relay combination?
A Advanced Powercell can transfer 20k RF/t from each side, in combination with a Power Relay + wireless redstone trans/receiv. you can switch it on/off any where if you wanted.

Though i don't have any experience with the Power Relay it seems it works rather easy judging from McJty's 'wiki'

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Immersive Engineering Breaker what you want? It's literally a killswitch breaker, but only for LV and MV lines. Also, the redstone breaker does the same thing, but it functions via redstone signal and applies to all voltage.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Immersive Engineering Breaker what you want? It's literally a killswitch breaker, but only for LV and MV lines. Also, the redstone breaker does the same thing, but it functions via redstone signal and applies to all voltage.

does this have to be activated by a player or can it be activated another way?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
If I recall,the Thermal Expansion Energy Cell has Redstone controls. Slap on some Redstone Conduits and away you go.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
BOOM!!! Found exactly what I needed. Draconic Evo's Flux Gate. This is awesome!!! I normally consider DE OP but it has a few utility things that... well I just love lol

Any wiki that has proper documentation on this? I know ingame you have the tablet that whispers things dat refference tho, no one will know what it is about tho.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about the wiki, but if you place it down it has an arrow. That arrow allows RF to flow through it in a one way direction. Placing it, I think it orientates so the arrow is facing you. That was my experience (assuming that there's not multiple rf inputs when you place it). You can right click and configure it to a set amount of rf to allow through on a redstone signal of low or high. Then apply redstone signal for appropriate result. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.