Post your big diamond finds!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
I just found 33 diamonds in about 20 minutes of play. It was incredible, and on hardcore. Never thought I'd be able to pull off such a feat.

How many have you found in a small period of time?

Check out the video.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I just found a 10 ore diamond vein earlier, got 22 diamonds from it with my TiCon Pick :p
No pics unfortunately :oops:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
They used to only spawn up to eight in one vein, do you have a mod that increases that?

Thermal Expansion has a config to turn up/down any spawn rates of things under ground, this includes dirt, gravel, diamonds, gold, etc. That's why on SC there is diamond at level 23 or so.

Reactions: RealSketch

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yes- but you can have veins touching each other to form a cross chunk node- hence 32

You said in one chunk, not cross chunk veins.

Oh, and to answer the OP's question, I can go mining for an hour or so and come back with stacks of diamonds. They aren't that hard to find in my opinion.

Edit 2: Just watched part of the video, if they were on level 18 then you are using a thermal expansion config option to increase the rate.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Find where I said that. Go on- find it.

Mystcraft doesn't count, and tweaking the configs is cheating.

With a lot of good luck- you can find an ore node of up to 32 in vanilla (8 in each chunk)- The largest I've had would be 14 though.

Looks like the opposite of that to me.

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon

Oh, and to answer the OP's question, I can go mining for an hour or so and come back with stacks of diamonds. They aren't that hard to find in my opinion.

Edit 2: Just watched part of the video, if they were on level 18 then you are using a thermal expansion config option to increase the rate.

I'm using 1.1.5 with no config tweaks of any kind. Anyway, to find this much was pretty incredible to me at early-game levels :D Throwing into that that it is hardcore and they're much appreciated.

JsutffJr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using 1.1.5 with no config tweaks of any kind. Anyway, to find this much was pretty incredible to me at early-game levels :D Throwing into that that it is hardcore and they're much appreciated.

Yeah, it seems FTB Unleashed by default has the thermal expansion ore generation config change. I've found veins of 20 diamonds, with no modifications to the configs.

Anyways, on topic, early on in the game I stockpiled all the diamond deposits I found until I got enough lapis to bring my TiC pick up to fortune III. When I finally collected, I pulled in three and a half stacks in ~10 minutes. Not bad for the first few hours of the game.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I guess Wyld, Lath, and all the others figured that people will complain about not being able to find diamonds, so they buffed it.

Hardcore doesn't change spawn rate.

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
No pics, or it didn't happen. i know.

BUT i found 2 stacks of diamonds in an hour :p
Felt pretty awesome, but i don't really have any use for so many diamonds yet?
Playing unleashed 1.1.4

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
I've run around mining at level 12 for about a day now and all I've got is 4 diamonds(lol). In a previous game a few weeks back, I had over 20 diamonds after a couple of hours. That's rng for you. Just looked at the ic2 recipe for the mfe... which nowadays requires *12* diamonds*. Lovely. Anyone who plays gregtech with latest ic2ex and knows if he still has diamond creation disabled in the compressor? I think it was like obsidian and 64 coal = 1 diamond. Last time I checked which was about a year or so ago, that recipe was disabled in gregtech.

<edit> I'm running a modified 1.6.4 ftb, which has similar mods but latest versions and of course no TE or mystcraft... /sigh. Beside that it's great... oh yeah, it doesn't have gregtech, hence I had to ask the question up top!