Possibly Random Crashing in Singleplayer

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
T

trying2dosomething

Title:
Possibly Random Crashing in Singleplayer
Launcher Version:
v1.4.11
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
v2.4.2
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Upon doing certain actions in the game, such as moving to a new area or previously loaded area or opening a menu, the game will suddenly freeze. Sometimes it manages to get itself unstuck, but that is after waiting a while. Whenever the crash occurs, or any temporary freeze occurs, a message appears in the log saying “[Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2061ms behind, skipping 41 tick(s)”. I would like to know what caused this so that I have a better experience playing.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
That type of warning indicates you are maxing out your CPU. What are your system specification? What version of Java are you running? Have you tried to run your world in a server instead of single player? By running single player you are running the client and the server in the same CPU core which could be why you are hitting this limit.

T

trying2dosomething

I am giving FTB 3 GB of RAM. I have Java 8 64 bit. My computer has 4 GB of RAM, 2.6 GHz of processing speed, and an integrated graphics card of Intel HD 3000. Also, when I enter the game, it says, "Welcome to the server". So how do I know when I am only on a server rather than singleplayer? How do I make the switch to a server?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Well, sorry to say but don't expect miracles here. That system has a few issues for running a heavy pack like Infinity. 1st, you need more that 4GB of system RAM. Leaving 1 GB for the OS isn't enough. 2nd the Intel graphics isn't doing you any favors it may or may not work.

As for the server, it may help by off loading server process into another core of the CPU. Download the server zip file uncompress it and use the batch file contained in the zip to run the server. Once the server is run for the 1st time it will create a world folder and this is where your game is saved at.

My final recommendation would be to get another system that has better specifications and either a AMD/ATI or NVida GPU. Then use the system you've described above as a dedicated server.

T

trying2dosomething

Thanks for the help. I will try to do the server change although I don't know how well I will do as I am not too good at this type of thing. If I can get it to work, will it keep all of the stuff in my current world and move it to the server world?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Once you know the server is working you can move your single player world to the world folder of the server. So basically look for your saves folder then look for the folder under that it will contain your SP world. Copy it over to the server world folder. Also, please make sure the backup utility works. That way you always can restore your world if there are issues.