Possible to remove ore dictionary completely?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Here is a mod that will help you out greatly.
It automatically converts items in the oreDictionary into the ones you specify. You want only TE copper? You set that as default, and whenever you get the "wrong" copper ingot, it changes it to the TE copper.

I think that only works for items in your inventory, sadly not in any inventory.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
I think that only works for items in your inventory, sadly not in any inventory.
I understand that. However, since the OP requested it so that his players would be less confused, it'd work. Tinker's puts out its own copper in the casting table? Pick it up, suddenly it's TE copper. It's probably the best solution OP is going to find, that I know of.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
Well then I suppose he should just MT every single furnace/crusher recipe to output a single type of ingot. I know my suggestion wasn't perfect, but at least it was something. Gregtech does the same thing, and people still can work around it quite easily. (Jabba barrel to auto convert the output before letting it into the system would probably be easiest.) Of course, feel free to make a suggestion, or a correction to another suggestion, but just shooting stuff down isn't helping anyone.

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone wondering, this is the closest I managed to get to what I originally wanted:

The following script removes all items from a particular entry. It's not quite the blanket remove all entries I wanted, but for my situation where there won't be too many entries that I need to worry about it's a viable option.
Code:
for item in <ore:ENTRY>.items {
    <ore:ENTRY>.remove(item);
}
(replace "ENTRY" with the name of the entry)

This wouldn't be so easy in a larger pack, but in my pack the player only has access to a limited set of items so I can just use this code for each entry I want to remove

Reactions: epidemia78