Possible to move infused stone blocks?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to move TC infused stone blocks without pistons? Silk touch doesn't work and neither does the portal gun.:(

DW20 pack.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't ask whether I should or should not move them, I asked if they could be moved. I want them for aesthetics.

I didn't say for you, i said for everyone, azanor made it so you can't move it, wether you want it for looks or not.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I think you meant to say they "can't" be moved, not they "shouldn't" be moved.

The frames still sound like a good idea to try, though.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Look, the thing about frames is that they CHEAT the game. They work more like a hack than like a block, that's why they can even move crystal clusters and tiled entities.. I don't think there's too much things that frames cannot move..

But again, as MFFS did, Thaumcraft will be immune to frames soon, after all, Infused Stone is a balance breaker if you can mine it directly and Azanor will not allow that to happen :p

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Eh what? Where does balance come in to moving infused blocks? To my understanding, the only point to leaving them in block form is so you can discharge them into sapped nodes for a tiny amount of vis (better provided by crystal clusters) or so you can harvest the dull crystals (for useless crystal capacitors); is there more to it then that?

Reactions: baw179

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
If frames couldn't move tiled entities, they wouldn't be much fun at all.

The same could be said of the gravity gun. Which you might wanna try, although I haven't tested it myself.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Eh what? Where does balance come in to moving infused blocks? To my understanding, the only point to leaving them in block form is so you can discharge them into sapped nodes for a tiny amount of vis (better provided by crystal clusters) or so you can harvest the dull crystals (for useless crystal capacitors); is there more to it then that?

If you could get the Infused Stone in block form, you would have an infinite source of vis.. (Before you hate me, you need to know that infused stone can be farmed.. And it will farm relatively fast if you get enough of it first..)

If frames couldn't move tiled entities, they wouldn't be much fun at all.

The same could be said of the gravity gun. Which you might wanna try, although I haven't tested it myself.

Gravity gun doesn't work.. They work in a different way than frames :p
Of course they would not have any use, i'm not discussing that at all, I'm just saying that Elo did them in some cheaty way so now, they can move almost anything.. For example with frames you could move the crystal thingy that moves nodes in thaumcraft.. and it's one of the harder items to make.. with frames it's just some time consuming.. I'm sure azanor will change that, as MFFS had it's proyector modified.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
If you could get the Infused Stone in block form, you would have an infinite source of vis.. (Before you hate me, you need to know that infused stone can be farmed.. And it will farm relatively fast if you get enough of it first..)
I'm not getting you, sorry.

Do you mean vis in nodes (which can be created in infinite amounts with crystal clusters), or vis crystals (which can be created in infinite amounts with crystal clusters near nodes with a cap of +1000 vis, or via thaumic bees)?

How does moving infused ore get you unlimited vis?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Gravity gun doesn't work.. They work in a different way than frames :p
Of course they would not have any use, i'm not discussing that at all, I'm just saying that Elo did them in some cheaty way so now, they can move almost anything.. For example with frames you could move the crystal thingy that moves nodes in thaumcraft.. and it's one of the harder items to make.. with frames it's just some time consuming.. I'm sure azanor will change that, as MFFS had it's proyector modified.

Darn cheaty Elo. :cool:

You really do need to explain how they can be farmed though.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not getting you, sorry.

Do you mean vis in nodes (which can be created in infinite amounts with crystal clusters), or vis crystals (which can be created in infinite amounts with crystal clusters near nodes with a cap of +1000 vis, or via thaumic bees)?

How does moving infused ore get you unlimited vis?

I was talking about the crystals :p but now that i think of it the aura can be replenished infinitely xD

So, both of them :p Even if there's another way to do it, i find it an exploit because.. it would be just free :p

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
But... crystal clusters and bees give you vis for free. I can't think of a single method of getting free crystals by moving infused ore blocks, though.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
You can farm Infused ore by putting them in a overcharged aura chunk :p with smooth stone touching it.. The smooth stone will become infused stone ^^ It takes a while.. but the more infused stone you put, the faster the process is.[DOUBLEPOST=1369752697][/DOUBLEPOST]And for the crystal clusters part, they make flux too, which is something that infused stone doesn't :p

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
actually the player-generated infused ore act more like crystal capacitors. And what bee regens vis exactly? Been wondering bout this since thaumic bees was added in the mindcrack pack.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Stark bees and all those created at the infusion alter. Note that they give you vis in crystal form, and very very slowly at that (even if you crank their output, they only give special propolises that have a minor chance of actually providing the crystals when centrifuged).

There is a "vis bee", but I dunno if that actually has any effect on vis levels in nodes.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
no, its infinite, place vis crystals and it regenerates.

make a new world, in a 100x100 area, have only 1 aura node with a shitload of vis crystals, good luck draining it.