Open Possiable Memory Leak? Out of Memory Error.

M

MagicMage1238

Summary of the problem Possiable Memory Leak? Out of Memory Error.

Pack Version 2.6.0

What is the bug? Possiable memory Leak.

Mod & Version Infinity Evolved 2.6

Link to log file http://pastebin.com/MpgLheqJ

Is it repeatable? Yes happens on it own about every 72 hours or so, this has been only happening snice the upgrade to 2.6.

Known Fix None known.

M

MagicMage1238

I do have more crash reports if you would like to see them let me know

N

Nasphreak

Ironically I found this post investigating the steady increase of RAM on my new server. I used to host a FTB Monster, Tekkit, and serveral other Server Modpacks on my personal Desktop for friends. When I did that I only ever allocated 8GB of RAM for the server to use, and those servers ran for MONTHS and I never saw the RAM usage that I am now seeing with Infinity Evovled.

Thankfully, I installed this on my personal server, and it runs on its on VM that uses Ubuntu Server, but I freshed installed this on 9/19 and as you can see in 6 Days runtime, the RAM Ussage is already up to 10GB, I don't have an issue with this, but if this continues at this rate I will hit 100% RAM usage in a couple days, and even though my server has 256GB of RAM, and I could toss some more at it...I feel like thsi much RAM usage is absurd for a server thats been live for 6 days, and has AT MOST 4 people on it. I havent had a chance to dive in yet and perform my own analysis of any logs, but I felt like these screenshots from my server stats could be of assistance.

106ae02cd3.png

aef6a08bb4.png

M

MagicMage1238

It does increase over time..... not sure why but wanted to put it out here for investigation....

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Java wasn't designed to run long term like this running a mod pack. Best recommendation I can give you is to schedule automated restarts and backups of your server. I typically do mine once a day for the restart and four times a day on the backups.

M

MagicMage1238

I do Back Ups every 2 Hours, Reboots every 6 Hours been like that since day 1 - never had this problem until I upgraded to 2.6.0 - and it happens about once every 3 days