Porting save to mystcraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cianqqq

Jul 29, 2019
Ages ago when the infinity pack came out I played it loads and built one amazing base, sadly I stopped playing for months after my PC broke, a few weeks ago I got a new one and moved my save over, seemed to work fine and I've sunk loads of time into it.

Sadly I've ended up with an issue, seems as soon as my game generates new chunks they are completely messed up like made of all the wrong materials and some are void, loads of from the twilight forest and its just a mess.

As it looks like I need to start a new game would I be able to move my current save into a mystcraft age so that it isn't lost? Likewise is it possible to use something like mcedit to move the chunks my base is in into a new save or age?

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Ages ago when the infinity pack came out I played it loads and built one amazing base, sadly I stopped playing for months after my PC broke, a few weeks ago I got a new one and moved my save over, seemed to work fine and I've sunk loads of time into it.

Sadly I've ended up with an issue, seems as soon as my game generates new chunks they are completely messed up like made of all the wrong materials and some are void, loads of from the twilight forest and its just a mess.

As it looks like I need to start a new game would I be able to move my current save into a mystcraft age so that it isn't lost? Likewise is it possible to use something like mcedit to move the chunks my base is in into a new save or age?

It is possible to move your base to a mystcraft age... Just make a schematic of your base. In the game, make a mystcraft age and get the dimension id by looking in mcedit, and just import the schematic into the dimension.

Cianq

Jul 29, 2019
:D yay hopefully i'll be able to keep it :) thanks
on a related note has mystcraft changed in the last few months? been trying for hours to create an empty end like void age without any success, keeps adding tendrils and stuff :s

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
:D yay hopefully i'll be able to keep it :) thanks
on a related note has mystcraft changed in the last few months? been trying for hours to create an empty end like void age without any success, keeps adding tendrils and stuff :s
Yeah, Mystcraft likes to add random features when you don't specify any. Try adding things like caves and ravines that won't show up in a void age.

Alternatively, use an RFtools dimension instead of a Mystcraft age. You can craft all the dimlets for void terrain, no features, no potion effects, etc. fairly cheaply. There's much less randomness and no instability, but the dimension does require some RF to create it and keep it open. Dimensions with no diamond tendrils or anything of the like don't use all that much.

Cianq

Jul 29, 2019
finally got my age to work, ended up having to add 3 caves and ravines pages and then turning the instability off :D
now my problem seems to be pasting the schematic of my base with world edit, every time it crashes and corrupts my save :( i should probably say my base is HUGE, like several biomes across from bedrock up to around y 150 :s might be a little too much for my game to handle xD

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Try moving it in sections? Also, it may be wise to remove wiring and rewire when you get set up. So.e pipes/wires don't know what to do or how to connect when just dropped into the world.