Portals and blocks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inkipi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently trying to set up a portal map with the Direwolf20 pack. I have not as of yet found suitable blocks as non-portal blocks, and I can't seem to find an option for non-allowed blocks for portals in the config. I'd like to know if there is either an option somewhere in the config files somewhere or a suitable replacement block for no-portal blocks.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Glass appears to not work with portals. I couldn't find any other block besides that in my base to test, though.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how the PortalGun mod get's it's non-viable blocks. If it's a list, then all you'd need to do would be to add an entry to the config (then you could use basalt and marble, for the genuine look). If it's by some property, perhaps try some combination of microblocks or xycraft blocks?

Inkipi

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, so far I've found that yes, any kind of transparent block will not work, and microblocks work too, as long as you aren't shooting onto a full 16x16 side. thanks for the help guys![DOUBLEPOST=1361565346][/DOUBLEPOST]Any side of any block that's considered "full and solid" a portal can be shot onto, as far as i have discovered so far.

extrem09

Jul 29, 2019
There is a config in the world save, you can just add the block id's you don't want to be portable to the blacklist.
Hope this helps. :D

Phycoz

Jul 29, 2019
There should be a config that allows you to put in the ID of a block that you can't place portals on, I believe. Also, I don't think you place portals on end stone. I haven't tried it myself, but I saw someone else try.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Try Mystcraft crystals. I was trying to portal onto some yesterday and it wasn't working. Didn't spend any time really testing why though.

If those work, give glowstone a try as well as they're similar.