Portal Creation not possible

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CallumSm1th

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys, Setting up a server, whilst trying to create various spawn points, we cannot create end, twilight or nether portals..... Checked the config files, and cannot find anything wrong, do you have any ideas?

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
It would be great if you could provide the community with some specifics like which mod(pack) you are using. And the versions involved etc.

Besides, it helps to search these forums/google for a possible answer instead of just dumping the question in here.

There seems to be an answer to you problem:
(did not use this answer, but it seems better then the second one I used)
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/unable-to-light-a-nether-portal.23499/#post-302200
(bottom post in my case)

Good luck :)

I personally did something else which helped:
I found this post before the above one, which seems better.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-5-2-0-7-modpack-bug-reports.25010/page-13#post-397613
This post lead me to my <MC server folder>\config\railcraft\railcraft.cfg file.
In here the only value I found which came sort-of closest to the value mentioned in the post above was: (I can't make 'code' bold, but I meant the "I:maxsize=9" part.)

Code:
        ####################
        # irontank
        ####################

irontank {
            #
            # Change to 'allow.stacking=false' to disable the stacking of Iron Tanks
            #
            B:allow.stacking=true

#
            # Allows you to set the max Iron Tank base dimension, valid values are 3, 5, 7, and 9
            #
            I:maxsize=9
        }
However ridiculous it seemed, I changes this value to 0, restarted the server and BOOM. My portal lit up like a zombie at noon.

My portal works now and keeps working even when I changed this value back to the original '9'.
I did not test the creation of a second portal after I changes the value back.

Disclaimer: I do not have any knowledge of config files and mod making, so use this at you own risk. (although I can't think of any real bad things that could happen...)

CallumSm1th

Jul 29, 2019
Im sorry for the poor thread, but I've only just be granted console access as the main owner is away.

Using the lastest FTB unleashed mod pack.

I have tried both of those fixes, and unfortunately neither work for me, do you need any information from me to help

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Is anything popping up in the console when you try to create a portal? Any errors in the errors logs, etc?

CallumSm1th

Jul 29, 2019
No, cant see any errors, If i light a fire in the nether portal, the fire just stays and if I throw a diamond into the water, it just floats.....

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Ok what exactly are you running, ie modpack, server jar, extra mods, plugins, etc.