Portable tank question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I am just wondering about my options here, does anyone know of ANY mods ftb or not, that have ANY kind of portable tanks OTHER than Thermal Expansion. Someone mentioned Tinkers Construct's Seared tanks, but they dont hold much. I am looking for an alternative to TE's tanks because they are portable but I dont really want TE in the pack I am making at the moment...

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Before TE, I used Forestry's wax capsules. They are one-time use only, but they are super cheap and they stack up to 16 per stack, i.e. 16 buckets per stack.

Reactions: Museli

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Capsules, Magic Bees brings Magic Capsules and Void Capsules. Magic Capsules hold 2 buckets each and stack to 64, giving you 128 buckets in an inventory space. Void Capsules hold 8 buckets each and stack to 64, giving 512 buckets per stack.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There is always ender tanks. Not really portable as such though, more a case of sending the liquid back home.

Reactions: Museli

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
don't openblock tanks cause alot of lag because of that whole waving liquid thing the tanks do?

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
don't openblock tanks cause alot of lag because of that whole waving liquid thing the tanks do?

I've had some lag from lava in tanks, but that's the only fluid that has given me any grief. But again, YMMV.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Animations don't cause lag - might slow your frame rate, perhaps.

My lava tank only gives me problems when the liquiducts/fluiducts/whatever they're called now are filling it. Large lighting updates as the lava goes through them. Should've used the solid versions.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Openblocks tanks do cause a tickrate hit in large quantities, each tank block uses about 3 microseconds according to the Opis report, by comparison many machines are in the 20-30 range, so 10 tank blocks = ~one machine and a large tank can contain a couple of stacks of tank blocks. Or at least that was what I found, I prefer to use DynamicLiquidTanks2 for my tanks since the actual tank blocks cause no tickrate hit at all and the controller for the entire tank is around the 1-2 microsecond mark on it's own even with multiple liquids in a wierdly shaped tank, they also render the liquids far more nicely.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Openblocks tanks do cause a tickrate hit in large quantities, each tank block uses about 3 microseconds according to the Opis report, by comparison many machines are in the 20-30 range, so 10 tank blocks = ~one machine and a large tank can contain a couple of stacks of tank blocks. Or at least that was what I found, I prefer to use DynamicLiquidTanks2 for my tanks since the actual tank blocks cause no tickrate hit at all and the controller for the entire tank is around the 1-2 microsecond mark on it's own even with multiple liquids in a wierdly shaped tank, they also render the liquids far more nicely.

and you can camouflage the dynamic tanks, which is a big plus for me :D