Problem Port Bind Exception...

h3lladvocate

Jul 29, 2019
Yea yea, but wait before you yell at me.

1. Port Forwarding is enable in router. Have 22565 forwarded to 22565 on my server.
2. Setup a static IP on the local network so that it wouldn't change and added to routers list (DNHS? somethin like that...)
3. Firewall, is not only disabled, but forced open TCP and UDP 22565 and 80 for good measure.
4. Running No-IP for funzies, but doesn't really matter.

canyouseeme.com shows port 80 as open, but it cannot see port 22565... yet, it's port forwareded, unfirewalled (temporary), open, etc... Server cannot bind to it either if I put specifiy the outside IP in the server conf.

At a loss as to what to do. Thinking of ssh tunneling port 80 to 22565, since I can bind to that and it is property open, but I'd really rather now deal with ssh tunnels and such. Any suggestions?

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
You might also like to specify what OS you're running since it's different for MacOS, Windows, or Linux...

h3lladvocate

Jul 29, 2019
Running Windows 8.

Yea, wrong port, but shouldn't matter in the end, since I made sure the server port in server.prop was the same as the open/forwarded ports in the router/firewall. Obviously I mistyped somewhere along the way, but at least I was consistant... Basically, followed the router's guide for port forwarding, set all the ports the same number, opened up firewall on that port (also tried with no firewall just to test), and no dice... All my networking knowledge is failing me T_T

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
did you change the ipadress / port in the config? you should leave these the way they are 25565 (or what you have forwarded) and the server IP to nothing / empty, this allows the server to bind to any IP-adres rather then only your internal or external IPadres.

most websites can't check for openports besides 80/21/25/445 because there in general is nothing to answer.
Is the client you giving the portbind error or are you connecting / letting ppl connect to your server?

an other reason can be as mentioned my beringtom before that something else is using that port (most common problem, hence why the server can't open / bind to the port), i had this with my teamviewer on my server together with my mcmyadmin serversoftware. Changing the port of one of the programs is enough.

below is an example of my server.properties

Code:
generator-settings=
allow-nether=true
level-name=server_world
enable-query=false
allow-flight=true
server-port=25565
level-type=DEFAULT
enable-rcon=false
level-seed=
server-ip=