Poll: should wrenched return or should it be wrenched

should direwolf20 allow me to continue to series for him until he decides to take it back

• yes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

orangetj

Jul 29, 2019
the question is should wrenched return. now im not saying direwolf should continue it himself, what i am proposing and am trying to get his permissions for thought is to be officially able on his behalf continue the series until he decides he wants to continue it himself or just revoke the permissions to continue. I would personally follow in the spirit and actual would try and bring forth special episodes. now if you agree direwolf should allow me to continue the series on his behalf vote yes if not vote no. thank you.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
It does seem to me that they will be doing any more Wrenched or rebuilding the map for 1.4.2. If you want to continue the series and do get the permissions to do so, you'll probably have to rebuild the map yourself.

Personally, I'll love to see it return.

orangetj

Jul 29, 2019
It does seem to me that they will be doing any more Wrenched or rebuilding the map for 1.4.2. If you want to continue the series and do get the permissions to do so, you'll probably have to rebuild the map yourself.

Personally, I'll love to see it return.
thank you for your support, if it wasnt for the fact that im missing certain plugins that were used to make it and the issue that id's will change in newer releases of plugins I would probably have made most of it already except for certain parts which i cannot without first studying the original build like the inside of the blimp so i must wait that and it would be rude to go ahead and make the map without dires permission

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
While there is the issue of dealing with the nuts-and-bolts of the Wrenched map itself, the series itself was discontinued not because of technical difficulties per se, but because the format itself was flawed. Remember: Wrenched episodes essentially consisted of getting the host, the judges, and the guests all together for about a 3 hour block and praying for a minimum of disconnects, distractions, and issues from all ends. It's one of those things that's a lot more difficult than it sounds, and to top it off they were going through all this effort just for direwolf20 to find that the series make up some of the least viewed recent videos in his library.

In other words, a whole lot of time and effort for not a lot of benefit.

My suggestion: if you really want to run a competitive-builds "youtube game show" like Wrenched, just go and do it. Maybe you'll find that magic fix to the formula and it'll take off. Maybe it'll get 5 views. The other part of your proposal that I found off, though, was just "taking it over"; that sounds rather like "please feed me the Direarmy so I can have videos with a lot of views", whether that is or isn't your intention. I'm pretty sure if you took initiative and built a quality show, you'll get the attention sooner or later anyway. =)

My two cents.

orangetj

Jul 29, 2019
While there is the issue of dealing with the nuts-and-bolts of the Wrenched map itself, the series itself was discontinued not because of technical difficulties per se, but because the format itself was flawed. Remember: Wrenched episodes essentially consisted of getting the host, the judges, and the guests all together for about a 3 hour block and praying for a minimum of disconnects, distractions, and issues from all ends. It's one of those things that's a lot more difficult than it sounds, and to top it off they were going through all this effort just for direwolf20 to find that the series make up some of the least viewed recent videos in his library.

In other words, a whole lot of time and effort for not a lot of benefit.

My suggestion: if you really want to run a competitive-builds "youtube game show" like Wrenched, just go and do it. Maybe you'll find that magic fix to the formula and it'll take off. Maybe it'll get 5 views. The other part of your proposal that I found off, though, was just "taking it over"; that sounds rather like "please feed me the Direarmy so I can have videos with a lot of views", whether that is or isn't your intention. I'm pretty sure if you took initiative and built a quality show, you'll get the attention sooner or later anyway. =)

My two cents.
I dont plan on recording the episodes all in 1 day and it has nothing to do with attention I just want it to come back and i was raised with the mentality of if i want something done i have to do it myself so i am seeking the permission to do it

Fuzzzie

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoyed the series for the most part, but it had a lot of flaws too. Mainly, the time given never allowed for much of a build. Most of the time you would see a creation 50-75% complete and have to judge based off that. It also suffered from the fact that people would be invited that weren't sure how to use some of the mods they needed to know. This caused some really poor builds that just ate up time in the show.

On the positive side, it was entertaining. The map was pretty brilliant and the people that were successful did really cool things.

If dire was to bring back one thing i would like to see more Feed The Beast stuff. Particularly the 1 on 1 battles.

orangetj

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoyed the series for the most part, but it had a lot of flaws too. Mainly, the time given never allowed for much of a build. Most of the time you would see a creating 50-75% complete and have to judge based off that. It also suffered from the fact that people would be invited that weren't sure how to use some of the mods they needed to know. This caused some really poor builds that just ate up time in the show.

On the positive side, it was entertaining. The map was pretty brilliant and the people that were successful did really cool things.

If dire was to bring back one thing i would like to see more Feed The Beast stuff. Particularly the 1 on 1 battles.
might try that if he gives me the permission to continue the series also dont forget to cast a vote in the poll

Fuzzzie

Jul 29, 2019
might try that if he gives me the permission to continue the series also dont forget to cast a vote in the poll

If you're going to go to that amount of effort (seeing as how you'll have to rebuild the map), why not try something new? Give them maybe 2 items to start with and then introduce a 3rd and 4th item as time goes on that they have to work into their build. That way you can help them if they need it or make it more difficult! I would also limit it to 1 on 1 as well. Having 4 people gets too hard to keep track of.

orangetj

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to go to that amount of effort (seeing as how you'll have to rebuild the map), why not try something new? Give them maybe 2 items to start with and then introduce a 3rd and 4th item as time goes on that they have to work into their build. That way you can help them if they need it or make it more difficult! I would also limit it to 1 on 1 as well. Having 4 people gets too hard to keep track of.
as i said previously i would still have to seek dires permission as I am trying to continue the wrenched series under the same name ight have some changes and different types but still under wrenched

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Personaly i'd love to see a team based versjon of wrenched. Where you for example could have 3 teams of 3 players and each group have their own skype/teamspeak conversation or something like that.
It would help make the builds bigger and more thought trough, the tiny mistakes that often makes the builds unable to run will be much more likely to be spotted and you'd probably end up seeing more creative builds.

orangetj

Jul 29, 2019
Personaly i'd love to see a team based versjon of wrenched. Where you for example could have 3 teams of 3 players and each group have their own skype/teamspeak conversation or something like that.
It would help make the builds bigger and more thought trough, the tiny mistakes that often makes the builds unable to run will be much more likely to be spotted and you'd probably end up seeing more creative builds.
thats was acctualy on my list of ideas lol great mind think alike :p