[POLL] 1.4.2 vs 1.4.5?

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just a quick poll/question for all the fine Feedthebeastians here on the forum.

Is your primary world (the one you spend the most time in) in 1.4.2 or 1.4.5?

The reason I ask this is because I've been having some trouble deciding. In many ways, 1.4.5 is a much more appealing option, because it has some cool new features both vanilla-wise and in mods, it has Thaumcraft 3, a working Extra Bees, and lots of other mods that haven't been updated to 1.4.2. Note: I use MultiMC instances, exported from the FTB Launcher, not only the launcher.

Anyways, the reason I've stayed with 1.4.2 is because of some problems in mod updates and compatibility and yada yada yada.

Which do you use? ^_^

EDIT: After reviewing 1.4.5 options, I think I'm very close to updating all of the mods I have in 1.4.2 to 1.4.5.
Does anyone know of any mods in the FTB Beta pack that aren't at 1.4.5 yet? I know that IndustrialCraft2 isn't, but I think that's close to the only major mod that isn't updated... Hm...

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 is updated, but as an open beta. I use an 1.4.5 instance with almost every mod which were in ftb pack (except only advanced machines I think, because I'm just not a fan of them) and it is working without problem. However I decided to start a new world due to BC changes, golden pipe connectivity broke many of my builds and with new BC power pipe exploding I would have to redo all my BC power systems.

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 is updated, but as an open beta. I use an 1.4.5 instance with almost every mod which were in ftb pack (except only advanced machines I think, because I'm just not a fan of them) and it is working without problem. However I decided to start a new world due to BC changes, golden pipe connectivity broke many of my builds and with new BC power pipe exploding I would have to redo all my BC power systems.
Eek.
What did they change in BC with golden pipes?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Acceleration of one pipe is smaller, but you can use many pipes in line to accelerate item to higher speed. I often relied on the fact that they don't connect to each other (for example in building parallel lines) and it would be just a hassle to rebuild it. Overall it is a good change, I always had a problem with giving items the specific speed (item traversing gate trigger were really specific about it) which could be only achieved by placing unnecessary pipeline after golden one.

RivingtonDown

Jul 29, 2019
I use 1.4.5 exclusively at this point

Every major mod has been updated and there are a handful of mods that are ONLY in 1.4.5 at this point. Thaumcraft 3, XyCraft (worldgen), and Misc. Peripherals are the three most major ones and the reason I updated. ExtraBiomesXL had some major updates fixing all the ore-dictionary incompatibility; Thermal Expansion adds new liquid pipes; Railcraft adds armor and makes boilers more balanced; A lot fixed Buildcraft and Forestry bugs. The only problem so far is the version of IC2 for 1.4.5, beta version 1.109 has a couple of major bugs... not game breaking but annoying things with Quantum Armor, Uranium, etc. The devs are saying the new version will be out within the next few days though (actually, they said that on Sunday so could be as I type this).

I would strongly recommend updating, if just for Thaumcraft 3 alone. Plus Xycraft is awesome if just for the absolutely awesome looking blocks you can make with the crystals.

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
I use 1.4.5 exclusively at this point

Every major mod has been updated and there are a handful of mods that are ONLY in 1.4.5 at this point. Thaumcraft 3, XyCraft (worldgen), and Misc. Peripherals are the three most major ones and the reason I updated. ExtraBiomesXL had some major updates fixing all the ore-dictionary incompatibility; Thermal Expansion adds new liquid pipes; Railcraft adds armor and makes boilers more balanced; A lot fixed Buildcraft and Forestry bugs. The only problem so far is the version of IC2 for 1.4.5, beta version 1.109 has a couple of major bugs... not game breaking but annoying things with Quantum Armor, Uranium, etc. The devs are saying the new version will be out within the next few days though (actually, they said that on Sunday so could be as I type this).

I would strongly recommend updating, if just for Thaumcraft 3 alone. Plus Xycraft is awesome if just for the absolutely awesome looking blocks you can make with the crystals.
Great, thanks for your feedback.
I'll strongly consider updating, and hopefully my SSP world survives this porting. :O
Thanks. ^_^

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
I also have updated to 1.4.5 at this point. I have a MultiMC instance with 90% of the FTB mods (by choice) along with a few others like wireless redstone and logistics pipes. A big push for me was the latest edition of Thermal Expansion fixing some very serious issues with BC gate compatibility as well as the addition of Liquiducts which I have all over my map now :p

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
Just took a solid hour out of my day to get everything up and running for 1.4.5... success, except all of my IC2-related mods, MFFS, GregTech, CompactSolars, Advanced Machines.

As of now, I'm just using Thermal Expansion and Factorization instead of IC2. Is anyone else doing this sort of thing?

RivingtonDown

Jul 29, 2019
Just took a solid hour out of my day to get everything up and running for 1.4.5... success, except all of my IC2-related mods, MFFS, GregTech, CompactSolars, Advanced Machines.

As of now, I'm just using Thermal Expansion and Factorization instead of IC2. Is anyone else doing this sort of thing?
Why didn't you update IC2 and the addons? They were all updated to 1.4.5 awhile ago with beta v1.109

That being said, actually, this morning they updated IC2 out of beta!
[MC 1.4.5] IC² v1.110 SSP/SMP

This fixes the bugs I was mentioning earlier in the previous 1.4.5 beta version they had.