Pokemon Showdown anyone?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, so use this thread to post good pokemon setups for people to try out in Pokemon Showdown, post a match you thought was pretty good, or just talk to other people who play the same meta as you do :)

Personally I play with NU pokemon, but I enjoy playing in the OU tier, because NU sweeps?
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-193880320
And speaking of that gameplay. Has anyone ever used a Beheyem before? If so, how do you use this thing. It is just terrible!
*Sorry if I insulted your favourite pokemon. But if Beheyem is your favourite pokemon you need a good Godoswine or Scrubnub in your life...
**Godoswine=Mamoswine | Scrubnub=Swinub

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Sweeping the battling maison with the durant truant trick right now. :3
Would that be a Skill Swap Durant by any chance? ;)
So my guess is
Skill Swap
Dig
Iron Head
<move>

I say dig, because that is great for non-flying types... if you have a max speed durant you can outspeed a lot of stuff. And then dig, to avoid the oncoming attack, and attack while they are loafing

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Would that be a Skill Swap Durant by any chance? ;)
So my guess is
Skill Swap
Dig
Iron Head
<move>

I say dig, because that is great for non-flying types... if you have a max speed durant you can outspeed a lot of stuff. And then dig, to avoid the oncoming attack, and attack while they are loafing
Nope, it has entrainment.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
My friends and i usually play pokemon showdown random battles against each other (we had a big tournament and I came second xD). However the only strategic thing I know about battling is type effectiveness. I couldn't tell you anything about EV's, IV's, how to build a team, or any actual strategies in battling. I hope to learn one day though so I can beat them though.

Are there any good resources on competitive pokemon battling?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Smogon's website seems to do well. If you have a certain Pokemon you want to use, then Smogon gives good movesets/EV spreads/etc.
As for team building Marriland's team builder will tell you how many pokemon are weak to <type> and how many resist <type> so you can alter/add pokemon that help you out, for example if your team was:
Dragonite
Conkeldurr
Houndoom
so far, it would say:
Weakness: Fairy x 3, Flying x 1, Water x 1, Psychic x 1, Dragon x 1
Resistance/Immunity: Electric x 2, Dark x 1, Bug x 1, etc.

Then you add Azumarill to your team, you would see poison, electric and steel get added to the weakness list, but also dragon and fairy resistance/immunity get added.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Smogon's website seems to do well. If you have a certain Pokemon you want to use, then Smogon gives good movesets/EV spreads/etc.
As for team building Marriland's team builder will tell you how many pokemon are weak to <type> and how many resist <type> so you can alter/add pokemon that help you out, for example if your team was:
Dragonite
Conkeldurr
Houndoom
so far, it would say:
Weakness: Fairy x 3, Flying x 1, Water x 1, Psychic x 1, Dragon x 1
Resistance/Immunity: Electric x 2, Dark x 1, Bug x 1, etc.

Then you add Azumarill to your team, you would see poison, electric and steel get added to the weakness list, but also dragon and fairy resistance/immunity get added.
But smogon isn't always the best, their dragon builds in particular always go for a protective moveset even on the fast attackers. It is a good place to start but is nowhere near the end all and be all.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
But smogon isn't always the best, their dragon builds in particular always go for a protective moveset even on the fast attackers. It is a good place to start but is nowhere near the end all and be all.
People using defensive Garchomp, Flygon, Dragonite? Nope!