pneumatic pipes ftb monster

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

doxsey

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody have any ideas what can be used to replace redpowers pneumatic pipes because the ftb team for some reason have not included it into the mod pack. I know its possible to use ic2 transport pipes but I want to keep the sorting system as tight/compact as possible .

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Does anybody have any ideas what can be used to replace redpowers pneumatic pipes because the ftb team for some reason have not included it into the mod pack. I know its possible to use ic2 transport pipes but I want to keep the sorting system as tight/compact as possible .
RP pneumatic pipes are to say it mildly horrible outdated by now. There are tons of better alternatives today:

Applied Energistics All-In-One storage/autocraft/automation network (this is probably what most people use for 90% of their automation needs). This can do some very advanced stuff, but the details are simplified a lot. Its a lot "plug and play" for simple things, which also allows for much more advanced and compressed stuff.

Logistic pipes. Expansion on buildcraft pipes so they instead of brute force now sends items on demand, can handle autocrafting, liquids and much much more. Compatible with AE. This can probably do the same as AE, but you will need to build it all from the bottom up out of different supplier pipes, crafting pipes, satellite pipes etc.

There are other alternatives too, but those 2 are the heavy hitters.

If you are doing some very simple things quite early on, I can only recommend the mod Hopperducts which is also part of Monster. It allows you to duct the output of Hoppers up and horizontal and add Grated Hoppers which have inbuild filters. Very robust and cheap early automation.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoosyDoosy

doxsey

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for correcting me wagon153 , my mistake. But also thanks rhn for the suggestions ill be sure to check them out !! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for correcting me wagon153 , my mistake. But also thanks rhn for the suggestions ill be sure to check them out !! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mekanism also has some options if you are willing to go outside the FTB packs a bit.

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
You can just hire someone to do the sorting for you (as in hire a real world butler or something to play on the server with you)......

Reactions: doxsey