Plugin that logs use/placement of items?

Lucylilium

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am currently using Essentials to log Use/ Placement and Break of SPECIFIC blocks.

For example by default essentials can log the placement/break/BLOCK and the use of TNT. But besides log it, it will say in-game chat ( to ops ) Who used it, what item and where it was used/placed.

I'm using Essentials for ( blocking/logging the use/break/placement ) of some items/blocks.
But i've run into the problem where i'm out of space, seems essentials only allows 1 line for each type of log.

I want to log the use of some items, rather than ban them upfront, i trust my older players but of sometimes servers even whitelist gets mean players.

My question is if anyone knows a plug in that will log specific blocks /items i choose to log.
any ideas will be a lot of help.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I think of a few off my head but idk what's actually the best Blocklogger, Hawk, and and I think Coreprotect does it too.

Lucylilium

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, thanks for the suggestions guys! i'll definitely check them out, i use coreprotect for checking if areas that were griefed/potential griefing. or who placed lets say a giant quarry in the nether and left it alone.
prisim looks good! thanks for the link!

systemv

Jul 29, 2019
Which ever you do choose, if it uses a database backend, like MySQL, then read on:

Be knowledgeable about how to make regular backups of the actual database so that if you had to, you could load the data back into a new provision of MySQL. In fact setup your cron to make backups of that data in a SQL-loadable format.

Common case:

You setup Prism, or CO, and then decide to move the server to a new host. You should be able to extract the data out of MySQL (dump) so you can load it into the new server's MySQL. You can't just copy files.

MySQL has tons of documentation on dumping and loading.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
And is mysql isnt your thing with prism, co, etc it has a sql database that can be used in the plugin folder as well.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Relevant to the topic; are there any such mods that are Forge native and do not need bukkit/MCPC+? I looked at Prism but it requires bukkit, not an option for me. I tried ForgeEssentials but it refuses to play nice with MyTown.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Relevant to the topic; are there any such mods that are Forge native and do not need bukkit/MCPC+? I looked at Prism but it requires bukkit, not an option for me. I tried ForgeEssentials but it refuses to play nice with MyTown.
Get mcpc and use that, not only will it allow all of bukkit to work it also is spigot so performance will get a big boost.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Get mcpc and use that, not only will it allow all of bukkit to work it also is spigot so performance will get a big boost.
I appreciate your reply, however it didn't answer my question. I specifically stated I'd like something Forge-based; the last time I tried combining bukkit-based mods with FTB, said mods caused more problems than benefits, so I'd like to avoid anything bukkit entirely if possible. However, can you provide documentation on your claim that there will be a significant performance boost? I've not seen any such information before, that may give me reason to reconsider. Thanks!

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Mcpc is built for mods, it is the forge version of spigot to sum it up, (spigot is the multithreaded version of craftbukkit). http://www.spigotmc.org http://www.mcportcentral.co.za

Mcpc is what all the large/popular ftb servers use, it is really the best way to go.

Forge based well, there isn't anything like prism that is forge based to my knowledge. There is forgebukkit that is a way of running bukkit with forge but don't use that (in my experience as with may others it is crap and I regard it as broken).

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Mcpc is built for mods, it is the forge version of spigot to sum it up, (spigot is the multithreaded version of craftbukkit). http://www.spigotmc.org http://www.mcportcentral.co.za

Mcpc is what all the large/popular ftb servers use, it is really the best way to go.

Forge based well, there isn't anything like prism that is forge based to my knowledge. There is forgebukkit that is a way of running bukkit with forge but don't use that (in my experience as with may others it is crap and I regard it as broken).
Thanks for the links and info, I'll do some research and load comparisons to see if this can work out for my configuration.

systemv

Jul 29, 2019
on the balance, mcpc+ will provide more support for plugins.

I've wrestled with forge without mcpc+ and it is like bonemeal on my gray hair.

Reactions: Francis Baster