Plugin Request

Grand_Trizmo

Jul 29, 2019
Plugin category: Server Administration

Suggested name: Block Limiter

What I want: I want a plugin that can limit the placement of certain block to "x" amounts. and for it to be permissions based.

So for example I only want perm group (default) to be able to place 514:2 2 times *if they break one of their blocks they should be able to replace it*

an example of what the config file might look like this

(default)
- 514:2;2
- 514:4;1
(donor)
-514:2;4
^^ if i wanted certain groups to have more placeability or anything of the such

Ideas for commands: command to reset a players block count on a certain block /blocklimit reset

Ideas for permissions:
blocklimiter.default * blocklimit.(groupname) setup for each group added to the config*
blocklimit.reset *ability to use the reset command from the above part*
blocklimit.bypass *ability to bypass all limits*

When I'd like it by: ASAP

Please get back to me if you are capable of making this plugin work or have some suggestions for making it work better. Also this plugin must work with minecraft 1.4.7 and 1.6.2
Seeing as bukkitdev has already blocked my post because it mentioned FTB i decided to post this here.
And yes i am running McPc+ on both servers i need this for

Thanks
Grand_trizmo

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
the problem with this is:
you have to make a database to count the blocks placed / user
block placed/braked by mods can't be logged by database , witch brakes the whole process

Grand_Trizmo

Jul 29, 2019
it would be exactly like coreprotect it would take the block place action and log it if it was "x" id and the block break for "x" id
not that hard i had a guy make me one for vanilla but he was to busy to make it work for ftb.
it only took him like 5 minutes to make

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
it would be exactly like coreprotect it would take the block place action and log it if it was "x" id and the block break for "x" id
not that hard i had a guy make me one for vanilla but he was to busy to make it work for ftb.
it only took him like 5 minutes to make

Key thing you said there. Vanilla. There is no reliable way to account for all mods without coding specifically for them unless they use fake players but not all mods do. So either person get stuck with not able to place as many as they should because something broke the old one, or someone would use a mod to place it which does not use fake player.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
I can tell you its not possible because I can code a mod that will go around it. All it has to do is not call a function that is not ported to the API from forge to Bukkit in MCPC (Such as set).