Plexiglass Mountain [1.18.2]

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
plexiglass-twitter (1).png

Plexiglass Mountain by FTB is a new Freeplay kitchen-sink modpack with an optional questing path. It is designed around the idea that progression and preferred mods from player to player may differ therefore additional options are made available to enrich the diversity of the gameplay.

Player progression is tracked inside a new FTB guidebook using the advancements system, you can access this directly in your player inventory.

Better loot all around, scaling mob difficulty, diversification of resource production methods, ample building blocks, and late-game creative item recipes are just a few of the highlights within this modpack.

Developer Note:-​

In recent weeks we have gone through, for us, a fairly rapid expansion. We have brought back Saereth (dev of FTB Interactions) and Aaron Howser (dev of FTB Academy and University) on permanent contracts as well as adding R3GEN onto a permanent contract. (R3GEN may be known to the regulars in the FTB support channel on our discord).

We have also brought on another one of our volunteers to take over from R3GEN to update our older modpacks and to help keep them up to date moving forward. In addition to this, we have found a high-quality artist and an exceptional builder. Working together, the new additions to the team will significantly change the way we develop and promote our packs moving forwards.

We have been testing out this new team structure over the last several weeks. We have developed a new kitchen sink experience, codenamed Plexiglass Mountain. We liked the name so much that we decided to keep it.

This pack is designed to showcase just some of the new features that we plan to add in 1.19 and onwards. You will also be able to see some of the artwork that our new artist has provided us on the main menu and hidden in the landscape of the world you may find signs of the new builder we have taken on.

We hope that you enjoy playing through this modpack as much as we have during testing.

Kaosce

Jun 21, 2022
Hi !
First thanks for the pock, it's great so far !

I think Spice of Life is bugged because I don't gain hearts after the first 2 and I have reached at least two more checkpoint (according to the Food book).
And could you update the pack to update Applied Energistics because Technici4n added the most awaited craft on click feature : https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/v8v5uj ?

Thanks again !

OnlyOneshot

Jun 19, 2022
Hey guys what i have used from cloches , turrets, mystical growth lamps etc it makes speedup only basic crops like wheat etc but essence seeds grow still insanely slow what can i do to grow them fast

SpawnMoarOverlords

Jul 29, 2019
1. I want to echo the fact that Mystical Ag crops are quite slow indeed. I'm at end of game having built a fission reactor and a supercritical phase shifter. I have made every single essence seed. I've made every creative item except for a creative vending upgrade. I have fully upgraded mekasuit armor. And now I'm just waiting for the very very very slow growth rate of essence seeds to get me enough resources to make 5x compressed blocks for the vending upgrade which is running slow as hell. I've had a garden cloche array running chunkloaded for a couple of weeks and it has still only produced enough essence to get me to 3x compressed. So since there's no way to speed up the cloches, it looks like I'm going to have to just grind up more mystical activator substances and make a stack of seeds to try to expedite things, but even that is not going to be particularly fast. Is there any way a mod integration could be designed to make it so that some of the magical rituals accelerate growth? The Growth Accelerators from Mystical don't even seem to make the growth rate very high. I have a stack of 63 of them under 1 inferium seed and while it does grow faster than other crops, it is by no means lightning fast, and if I'm going to sink a ton of diamond and supremium into those things, it just seems like I ought to get more bang for my buck personally.

2. Tesseracts are buggy as hell. They work for a while and then just randomly stop transferring any power. Quantum Entangloporters from Mekanism work alright but have internal transfer limits that make it so that you can't send gigantic amounts of power. It would be really nice to just fix the bug with Tesseracts because they are SUPPOSED to have an "unlimited" internal transfer rate (which I assume would just mean 3.12GJ or whatever the Java limit is). Why would I need that much power? Well, I'd like to be able to provide public power to folks on my server without every single person having to build a reactor setup because it's just not an efficient use of server resources to do so. I have a creative power cell with "infinite" RF/t so it would be nice to share that with folks who want to take advantage of it.

3. I agree that a new Create update would be awesome. We've been planning for a couple of weeks to build a major railway system to connect bases all over the world but have been saddened to see that there is no update forthcoming.

Edit: All things considered though the pack is a lot of fun. I feel that Malum and Ars are not super well-utilized in the pack though. Like I don't really get what the point of Malum is. It adds a couple of mobs and it adds a couple of magic items that pale in comparison to the MekaSuit. The one really nice thing is the creative scythe because 9,999 damage kills everything in the game in one shot except, of course, the Gaia Guardian 1.0 and 2.0 because Vazkii is obnoxious like that :))))) I realize Ars can do more stuff, but I don't feel like there's good guidance on how to really use it in the game and I haven't managed to bring myself to watch a 45 minute mod spotlight on it to get better benefit from it. Maybe I should go do that now. Bleh.

SekhetBR

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys what i have used from cloches , turrets, mystical growth lamps etc it makes speedup only basic crops like wheat etc but essence seeds grow still insanely slow what can i do to grow them fast
In this modpack, the Seed Reprocessor from Mystical Agriculture gives 32 essence per seed. If you want essence of any kind, reprocess the seeds.

If you want a never-ending supply of seeds, set up a few Whirligigs from Ars Nouveau. You can use the same flower over and over again so the Whirligigs all work the same crops.

I don't know if the link to the video detaliing my setup for this will show up, but here it is:

If the link doesn't show up, just search Sekhet and Plexiglass Mountain on YouTube.

OnlyOneshot

Jun 19, 2022
1. I want to echo the fact that Mystical Ag crops are quite slow indeed. I'm at end of game having built a fission reactor and a supercritical phase shifter. I have made every single essence seed. I've made every creative item except for a creative vending upgrade. I have fully upgraded mekasuit armor. And now I'm just waiting for the very very very slow growth rate of essence seeds to get me enough resources to make 5x compressed blocks for the vending upgrade which is running slow as hell. I've had a garden cloche array running chunkloaded for a couple of weeks and it has still only produced enough essence to get me to 3x compressed. So since there's no way to speed up the cloches, it looks like I'm going to have to just grind up more mystical activator substances and make a stack of seeds to try to expedite things, but even that is not going to be particularly fast. Is there any way a mod integration could be designed to make it so that some of the magical rituals accelerate growth? The Growth Accelerators from Mystical don't even seem to make the growth rate very high. I have a stack of 63 of them under 1 inferium seed and while it does grow faster than other crops, it is by no means lightning fast, and if I'm going to sink a ton of diamond and supremium into those things, it just seems like I ought to get more bang for my buck personally.

2. Tesseracts are buggy as hell. They work for a while and then just randomly stop transferring any power. Quantum Entangloporters from Mekanism work alright but have internal transfer limits that make it so that you can't send gigantic amounts of power. It would be really nice to just fix the bug with Tesseracts because they are SUPPOSED to have an "unlimited" internal transfer rate (which I assume would just mean 3.12GJ or whatever the Java limit is). Why would I need that much power? Well, I'd like to be able to provide public power to folks on my server without every single person having to build a reactor setup because it's just not an efficient use of server resources to do so. I have a creative power cell with "infinite" RF/t so it would be nice to share that with folks who want to take advantage of it.

3. I agree that a new Create update would be awesome. We've been planning for a couple of weeks to build a major railway system to connect bases all over the world but have been saddened to see that there is no update forthcoming.

Edit: All things considered though the pack is a lot of fun. I feel that Malum and Ars are not super well-utilized in the pack though. Like I don't really get what the point of Malum is. It adds a couple of mobs and it adds a couple of magic items that pale in comparison to the MekaSuit. The one really nice thing is the creative scythe because 9,999 damage kills everything in the game in one shot except, of course, the Gaia Guardian 1.0 and 2.0 because Vazkii is obnoxious like that :))))) I realize Ars can do more stuff, but I don't feel like there's good guidance on how to really use it in the game and I haven't managed to bring myself to watch a 45 minute mod spotlight on it to get better benefit from it. Maybe I should go do that now. Bleh.
Yes thats the thing i've done to my friends on server we are at . i was first one who made Creative energy cube and every of my friends is plugged to my network with constant supply of RF

Joly0

Jul 29, 2019
Is there going to be an update to this modpack anytime in the future? I am playing on the latest beta and its buggy as hell (yes i know i could downgrade to an earlier version, though i have spent alot of time on my world and dont want to risk downgrade incompatibilities)

poppyseed0054

Jul 30, 2022
Loving this mod pack! The only thing that has annoyed me is the 3 types of nethrite nuggets; Create, Thermal Series & Tinkers. I'm just trying to finish a 64k ME Disc Housing from AE2 Things and whilst I can get the first two nuggets I have to go and build a second smeltery in the nether with a blaze spawner inside to get molten blaze to melt more netherite to pour a tinkers nugget.