Please help me....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
V

VapourSharp

Hi guys, I'm sorry to be a pain, I'm kind of new to all this stuff and I have created a custom mod pack on 1.7.10 since that seems to have the most compatible stuff for me and my friends and I am trying to add a custom written book but I don't know how can anyone please help? Thanks in advance.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Are you trying to write some sort of quest progression, or just a simple Vanilla Written Book? If it's just a Vanilla book, craft a Book and Quill, hold it, r-click. Then you write your book (I've been using one currently as a To-Do list) and sign it when it's done. Note that once signed, it can no longer be edited, so proof read as appropriate.

If it's the quest book, that will depend on which mod you are using.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
V

VapourSharp

Are you trying to write some sort of quest progression, or just a simple Vanilla Written Book? If it's just a Vanilla book, craft a Book and Quill, hold it, r-click. Then you write your book (I've been using one currently as a To-Do list) and sign it when it's done. Note that once signed, it can no longer be edited, so proof read as appropriate.

If it's the quest book, that will depend on which mod you are using.

I want it to be a vanilla written book but that can have colours etc, I have a custom mod pack but I want it so when you spawn in you get it, it's only going to contain text, I have tried a .xml file and adding it into TConstruct but that didn't work.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the Vanilla Written Book supports color, and I'm not sure what mods offer such support. Perhaps BiblioCraft has options for it within the typesetting table or typewriters or presses, but nothing jumps out at me.

There are a number of mods for 1.7 which allow for custom starting gear, but I've not used any of them personally. Many of them offer changes to play (which could be good or bad depending on your pack) such as added mobs, HUD changes, and the like. A thorough search of the Curse repository might turn up something simple as well.

V

VapourSharp

I don't think the Vanilla Written Book supports color, and I'm not sure what mods offer such support. Perhaps BiblioCraft has options for it within the typesetting table or typewriters or presses, but nothing jumps out at me.

There are a number of mods for 1.7 which allow for custom starting gear, but I've not used any of them personally. Many of them offer changes to play (which could be good or bad depending on your pack) such as added mobs, HUD changes, and the like. A thorough search of the Curse repository might turn up something simple as well.
Okay so we can ignore the colours, but you know how like in TC when you spawn you get a book? That's kinda what I wanna do just make a pre-written book that just gives some info when a play joins, idk how to do it :/ I've looked around but can't seem to find anything

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
There is a mod called Starting Inventory, not sure if thats what you want or if it is updated or not, but just a suggestion.

V

VapourSharp

There is a mod called Starting Inventory, not sure if thats what you want or if it is updated or not, but just a suggestion.

I've taken a look into that but it wouldn't work as I wanted to make a book then make it part of my modpack so make it a book that people can spawn in but I don't know how to import the book into Minecraft this is what I'm trying to ask for help to do :p