Please Help I'm New

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Vert

Dec 28, 2019
So I downloaded the FTB Academy and whenever I attempt to create a New World it insta crashes. I don't really know what I'm doing so I could use some help. I've included part of the crash log if that helps.

Attachments

• 2019-12-28 (1).png
    2019-12-28 (1).png
    133.5 KB · Views: 37

xaelith

Dec 28, 2019
  1. Welcome to the forums :)
  2. For future reference, a link to the pastebin is generally the preferred method of posting crash info, and usually the very first line (
    "java.lang.NullPointerException" in your case) is the most helpful in determining the problem.
  3. Just out of curiosity, are you using the FTB launcher or Twitch launcher when experiencing this issue? Does using the other cause the same issue?
From what I can tell from the crash log, the trouble appears to be when the game attempts to load the skybox, though I'm not sure why that in and of itself would cause issues. Also, it would appear you're not allowing the game enough RAM (-Xms256M -Xmx1024M means you're giving the modpack at least 256 MB and at most 1024 MB or 1GB of RAM; most modpacks especially these days require at least 2GB), and not enough RAM will DEFINITELY cause random crashes and other issues.

Vert

Dec 28, 2019
I'm running just the FTB Launcher. I needed to download a larger version of Java and increase the RAM to 2GB. Thank You I really appreciate the help!

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Install 64-bit java from java.com, if you still have issues - please follow instructions found here to get full log and share the log according to the instructions:
https://support.ftb.world/