Please add backpack mod to Feed the Beast?

killerjdog51

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm? i have no idea if im posting this in the right forum but it does have to deal with a couple of mods so please don't hate on me. but anyways, i was wondering if u could add some mods to this mod pack. the first mod being the backpack mod by Eydamos. this modpack adds so many ores and items and other amazing things that there just simply isn't enough inventory. i know that there are already backpacks in one of the mods that this modpack adds but those are too complicated and only store stuff from mining. this mod adds more portable storage because a backpack is like a small chest, the ender backpack is like a portable enderchest, and the big backpacks are like a large chest. this mod is very balanced and easy to understand which is another reason why i think you should add it to your modpack. the next mod is the thirst mod by tarun1998. this mod makes the game more challenging and interesting by adding thirst. it also makes it more realistic, cuz face it, in real life we would all die of thirst before we died of hunger. its very balanced and fun so i think this mod would be a great addition to the modpack. :D

sloejack

Jul 29, 2019
There's like 3 or 4 different backpacks/bags/pouches that comes with FTB between Forestry, RedPower, Thaumcraft, and Enderstorage you have a lot of portable storage options. I say this in all sympathy as I understand where you're coming from with your request. One of the challenges that will persist for many is the abundance of options and understanding the efficiency / effectiveness trade-offs between them all. Also for what its worth, I do not believe the forestry bags have been configured for all the mods that are included so they are in a sense just general use backpacks on not specific to ore types. This may change, but it's how I understand it right now.

As for your thirst mod, I have no experience with it but from what you describe for me it would seem to take the fun out of the game because it goes from a creative explorative game to one of resource management and straight up mundane survival.

Reactions: DaNerd27

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
As for your thirst mod, I have no experience with it but from what you describe for me it would seem to take the fun out of the game because it goes from a creative explorative game to one of resource management and straight up mundane survival.
Ya know it is called survival mode for a reason your suppose to have to survive versus creative mode where you can creatively explore and test things or make huge buildings etc. I think thirst would be great but it would definitely have to have an in-game option because I highly doubt that people actually play survival mode as survival mode anymore. Although if you are looking for a challenge (including a thirst mechanic) you could always play TerraFirmaCraft.