playing FTB ith forestry, im initially stuck for power

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

C04L

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, im totally stuck, my aim is to play forestry only (no ic/bc etc).
ive been following a lets play and made a peat farm 3x3+water and then he said i need turbury. he made it with sturdy casing and glass and clay... mine wont work like that im guessing the rescipe changed. anyway i was hoping to start my power with peat engine. now thats out the window cause i cant make that electu-wotsitsname.

How do i start powering my forestry machines? /cry

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You are going to have to make a redstone engine or a stirling engine. Stirling I believe is Forestry, redstone is BC. I would go with redstone myself since it requires no fuel, but a stirling is a bit better.

edit

Sorry both engines are BC it appears but those are your only solutions until you can make a peat fired engine

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a turbury to get peat.
Breaking mature peat bog should give you one peat and one dirt.

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
As Meldiron said, peat can be farmed manually. You can also fuel a biogas engine with milk.

blek

Jul 29, 2019
Another option is the Hobbyist's Steam Engine. It's a little bit more expensive than the Stirling Engine and takes some time to heat up but is less risky (can't explode if you keep supplying water to it) and is also more efficient the hotter it is, being a better choice if you need a stable system. Just don't put water in a hot but dry engine, it explodes when you do that, wait for it to cool down.

Reactions: MrAgle